Hello, I'm new here, have some questions for experienced hearing aid users

Hello, everyone, I’m a man who lives in Texas and I lost my hearing in 2016 I believe it was. Kind of a sudden thing, due to an illness.
Profoundly deaf. Currently use Phonak V-30s, have had them for probably seven years? Maybe six. Never had a heck of a lot of trouble with them, have only needed minimal maintenance over the years, replacement of receivers mostly. They are turned up to the maximum volume and that’s not working any longer, even though THAT wasn’t working all that great to begin with, it was after all something so I just accepted them.
Here’s the thing: Looking for the LOUDEST upgrade available that isn’t ‘rechargeable’. I don’t trust rechargeables; they tend to NOT be so ‘rechargeable’ as time goes on, if my Apple Watches and flashlight batteries are anything by comparison. So, I’m pretty leery of them, would prefer to simply carry extra batteries around with me.
Would still prefer Phonaks but I am open to suggestion. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you upload your audiogram or something? It will enable other people who are experienced in giving advice, to help you :slight_smile:

Hi there, sounds like you should stick to the brand your happy with, as mentioned posting your audiogram will everyone with advice.
Phonak has the 675 battery versions available still, the Naida UP.

1 Like

I have NO idea how to upload my audiogram, it seems to want me to just type in all of that data and I wouldn’t know how nor what it meant. I’d just get it wrong. No upload option available as near as I can tell. Is there one?
My V-30s are battery 13s. I have to change them out daily, usually, since they are cranked up all the way, but I am needing something louder.
If an audiogram is needed for some reason, I understand if nobody can help me. I appreciate the kind replies. Thanks

One thing that I did notice, is that the dB don’t go as high on the choices that are given, on the audiogram page. The target software always pops up the warning “Set over 132 dB” or something like that, but the number is correct. “Over 132” as I was making the file to upload. But it doesn’t say exactly what dB and I don’t understand the software well enough to know exactly. I just bought the iCubeII unit a few weeks ago, and backed up my current settings. Haven’t tried to mess with anything since the audi told me very recently over the phone, that they’re cranked up to maximum.
For all intents and purposes, I am deaf. Tried learning ASL, but can’t retain it (same illness that took my hearing basically fried my little brain). I use a captioned phone and have learned to lipread better than Kreskin, rest his soul. But, even with the Phonak V-30 13s, I’m pretty much deaf as a Halibut. (Yeah, who knew that Halibuts couldn’t hear, right? Had to look that up.)
Anyway, are the previously mentioned Naidas louder than 132 dB, do you think? I can’t find that information with a Google. Thanks

I have profound hearing loss caused by otosclerosis. I have been wearing various types of hearing aids since 1982. I got by with UK NHS aids for 20 years then, as my hearing deteriorated, I had to go to a private dispenser to get the aids I needed. I have used Starkey, Widex and GN Resound over the years.

Almost four years ago my audiologist prescribed GN ReSound Linx 3D 9 aids, which are UP (ultra power). These are RIC ( receiver in canal) with custom moulds.

After getting over some teething problems these have been very good. I would suppose that there is a newer version of them now. You would need to talk to you audiologist to see what they recommend.

1 Like

I’m getting the phonak-naida-p90-up, since that’s what has been suggested as the loudest, most powerful, and fattest hearing aids available that money can buy that aren’t rechargeable. I just have to get the appointment and have my Rx transferred, get moulds made, blah blah… you know. Plus now I have this nearly full case of size 13 batteries that won’t expire until 2027 to sell on eBay I guess lol

Your audiologist might swap the batteries out of you purchased them there.

Is there a reason you haven’t considered a cochlear implant?

1 Like

The Phonak Naida P-UP fits what you’re describing. It uses 675 batteries and is quite powerful. Here’s a link to info: Phonak Naída™ Paradise | PhonakPro
Note: You need to click on the UP model in the upper left. The PR (rechargeable, less power, comes up by default.)

Thank you! That is exactly what I’ve already chosen, thanks to the suggestions here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes