Hearing test results interpreted

Can someone please tell me, by revewing my test results, if there are hearing aids that might help me hear better in crowds, restaurants and background noise? I currently have Costco KS10’s ( almost identical to Phonak Paradise hearing aids). I have had several adjustments but still have difficulty in noisy situations and Costco has said this is as good as it gets. I also use the EasyLine app to adjust but the adjustments don’t help. Thanks so much - Steve

[
Hearing Results Edited.pdf (535.9 KB)

Nobody can say for sure as we’re all individuals. I am doubtful that any current hearing aid is going to provide you with a dramatic improvement. Part of it depends on how challenging a situation you’re talking about. If you’re in a one on one conversation in a moderately noisy situation, a Phonak PartnerMic in combination with your aids can do a good job. In a noisy bar with music and loud talking, I don’t think anything is going to cut it. New aids are coming out frequently and it’s possible that they might provide just enough help to cross some threshold of usefulness for you. There’s a lot of hope for the soon to be released Phonak Audeo Sphere and a lot of people like the Oticon Intent. Lesser numbers are fans of the latest Starkey, Signia and Resound models.

1 Like

Apparently, Oticon Intent receivers have good amplification of high pitches.

Phonak Audeo Sphere/Infinio probably will release new receiver tomorrow.

I have Paradice P90R’s

If your ap is similar to mine (my Phonak) try this.

Find speech in noise program. Adjust the program. I have a CLARITY button. Pushing that increases mids and high frequency

Save the program. Try it in a noisy environment.

Have you changed your wax guards? Try that

What domes do you use

1 Like

If you have the money, I would just try the new hearing aids that Costco sells. That’s the only way you are going to know.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. I have played with the various programs a lot. Nothing seems to change when I make adjustments. I told this to the last Costco audiologist that I saw and she said that the hearing aids are using the auto adjusting instead of accepting my changes. She said this is a good thing.

Wax guards are new.

I started with vented domes then they put gave me the round domes.

Nothing seems to help.

1 Like

Thanks. That might be my next step.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. The new Phonak Audeo Sphere/Infinio sound like they are great but very expensive.

1 Like

I was on your path. I made a little progress with each of the steps I asked about.

I had to change my Audi. He gave up and asked me to find someone who could help me. He provided the Paradise P90 Rs. He got them early. And the best model. I appreciate that. Workman’s comp doesn’t do that

Predict you will solve your problems when you find someone skilled to set them up. That’s what I did.

I would have tried diy if I bought them myself.

There are flaws in the hearing aid business.

Finally Ian really impressed they Phonak provided two new hearing aids and a new charger. They made a difference

In addition to the other comments, i would be aggressive with High Frequency Protect (SoundRecover for non Costco devices). The default is worthless for me.

1 Like

Phonak has just released a new hearing aid that is actually significantly better than the KS-10. It is a major improvement from all the reviews. But not available at CostCo. So you have to decide whether it is worth it to you to hear in noisy situations. You can check on reviews on YouTube by Dr. Cliff and Hearing Tracker for the Phonak Infinite Sphere. Here is the link to the Dr.Cliff review:

I’d find an audiologist who fits Phonak aids, and see if you can get a trial.

1 Like