Hearing aid recommendation for my audiogram

Today I’m going to take a new audiogram. And let’s see what the doctor. I was thinking of changing from resound to phonak, I’ve always used resound, it would be good to test new brands, I don’t know.

1 Like

My memory hear is bad. Necessary insert mold for more frequency. On resound omnia. Testing one month. Hope works. If works buy.

I’m in agreeance with @MDB you should do well with a CI and an evaluation for CI. You should speak to your Dr about a CI eval.

My loss is very similar to yours and I’ve done extremely well with a CI & HA combination= bimodal.

1 Like

Hi, your audiogram has a moderate to severe hearing loss in the mid and high frequences but it’s still very good in the bass frequency so you have enough room to work. A BTE SP with an output of 110/120db gain with small battery size or rechargeable and custom closed earmolds would be your ideal best option as you have plenty of power to work on your mid and high frequences. It’s not necessary an ultra power as it would be better with profound hearing loss. RIC hearing aids don’t have the required gain even with ultra power RICs as you would need to stay with the maximum throughput and you still struggle in understanding speech.

1 Like

Ok and brand recommendation? Resound? Or other? Earmold? Which one?

For your hearing loss I can recommend Phonak, Oticon, Hansaton and also Rexton aids. Even Resound the Key version could be more suitable but not RICs as they are geared through very mild to moderate hearing loss. Closed silicone earmold are the best option for a better and powerful sound almost with zero whistles if well done.

1 Like

And resound one Bt with earmold?

As I know Resound One is only RIC not BTE. At least in my country. Also the Resound One it’s getting a bit old as is superseded by Resound Omnia and the latest Nexia. You should see for these later models if they have a BTE version. You should also see the Resound Key BTE super power hearing aids which is suitable from moderate to very severe hearing loss. It’s also less expensive and also more suitable for your hearing loss than One and Omnia.

Resound BTE? Exists? Wich one models? I have 43 years old.

Yes there are various models of Resound BTE as I told you in the previous post you should see for the Resound Key, there are also the Enzo but they are more expensive and also bigger because they are with 675 battery for severe to profound hearing loss. I’m 40 years old and I wear the Phonak Naída Paradise P90-UP with 675 batteries and closed silicone earmolds for my hearing loss which is profound.

ReSound Key → Datasheet for BTE KE*77-DW
ReSound KEY SP

Key 4 , Modell: KE477-DW highest tech stage would fit for your loss and uses battery 13

ReSound Key is available as ITC / ITE / RIC / BTE

1 Like

ReSound One and ReSound Omnia als available as BTE Power models
Link to ReSound Pro website with an overview for all current ReSound Model lines and models

Picture from HCP Portfolio brochure

Okay, and you with this Phonak have greater speech comprehension, when they talk to themselves on their backs?

I have a similar audiogram with profound loss above 2 khz. I have avoided silicone molds, but use custom acrylic molds with a .8mm vent. I have had this loss for almost 40 years and have had various HA’s. Today I am using Phonak Naida P90 with 675 batteries. Sound recover works for me. Not perfect, but the birds are singing.

Make this at least one thing you try. Phonak bluetooth for my cell phone is excellent. You will never like noisy restaurants with any solution.

2 Likes

Yes I’ve got a better speech understanding, they do the best in noisy environment like crowded restaurants or dancing places with high music, they focus on the people in front of you the most, in calm situation they do the best in all the sounds around you, I need lips reading but with this one I’m able to repeat exactly 90% of the words if one or more people talk to me from behind, even if there’s a moderate noise. They are the best hearing aids I have tried so far. There is still room for much improvement in some situations but that depends on the fitting. The audiologist must be able to tune the aids better. They are perfect for profound hearing loss. For your hearing loss maybe they’re too powerful and you may hear distorsions under certain frequences as you have very good bass. So HP or SP BTE hearing aids would be a better option for your hearing loss. My advice is to trial some models in different clinics then choose the best which you can hear.

1 Like

Ok, thanks , try testing

Yes understanding speech in noise will be always hard but with my Phonak I’m shocked about the difference in noisy environment. It do the best work in that situation.

ReSound KEY SP

Check this link for pictures of Phonak Naida Paradise UP (with 675 Battery) , the newer Naida Lumity UP have the same size.

I tend to agree with Phonak for one big reason, frequency lowering technology. You are a prime candidate to use this technology and Phonak is questionably the best. All the aids mentioned are great aids.
You might be surprised to use the RIC aids if frequency lowering works well for you. This worked well for me before getting CI’s.

1 Like

You need hearing aids with some sort of frequency lowering or compression to get more speech clues. Phonak soundrecover 2 or Oticon speech rescue might work

1 Like