Hearing aid recommendation for my audiogram

I have a similar audiogram with profound loss above 2 khz. I have avoided silicone molds, but use custom acrylic molds with a .8mm vent. I have had this loss for almost 40 years and have had various HA’s. Today I am using Phonak Naida P90 with 675 batteries. Sound recover works for me. Not perfect, but the birds are singing.

Make this at least one thing you try. Phonak bluetooth for my cell phone is excellent. You will never like noisy restaurants with any solution.

2 Likes

Yes I’ve got a better speech understanding, they do the best in noisy environment like crowded restaurants or dancing places with high music, they focus on the people in front of you the most, in calm situation they do the best in all the sounds around you, I need lips reading but with this one I’m able to repeat exactly 90% of the words if one or more people talk to me from behind, even if there’s a moderate noise. They are the best hearing aids I have tried so far. There is still room for much improvement in some situations but that depends on the fitting. The audiologist must be able to tune the aids better. They are perfect for profound hearing loss. For your hearing loss maybe they’re too powerful and you may hear distorsions under certain frequences as you have very good bass. So HP or SP BTE hearing aids would be a better option for your hearing loss. My advice is to trial some models in different clinics then choose the best which you can hear.

1 Like

Ok, thanks , try testing

Yes understanding speech in noise will be always hard but with my Phonak I’m shocked about the difference in noisy environment. It do the best work in that situation.

ReSound KEY SP

Check this link for pictures of Phonak Naida Paradise UP (with 675 Battery) , the newer Naida Lumity UP have the same size.

I tend to agree with Phonak for one big reason, frequency lowering technology. You are a prime candidate to use this technology and Phonak is questionably the best. All the aids mentioned are great aids.
You might be surprised to use the RIC aids if frequency lowering works well for you. This worked well for me before getting CI’s.

1 Like

You need hearing aids with some sort of frequency lowering or compression to get more speech clues. Phonak soundrecover 2 or Oticon speech rescue might work

1 Like