Hearing aid program

ok i have 3 programs for adjusting hearing aids. unitron truefit 3.4.1.43763 with dsl 5.0 ob and noah module 917614 . phonak 2.0 and pfg 8.6c. and i now have a icube interface. the interface did connect to the unitron program and my aids, but what i need to find out is will any or all of these program fit any hearing aid, or just there brand? and will the icube connect any aid to the programs? tomorrow i will see if the other programs will connect to the icube and then that answers that part of my question. but i need to find out about the aids so i do not get some and find out they don’t connect to any of the programs. thanks for any help.

Answer the following question. What is the first step of self programming?

If you don’t know the answer then you need to read,
Capture

Each manufacturer has their own fitting software.
iCube is a wireless fitting device for Legacy wireless Phonak/Unitron hearing aids.
You don’t need Noah software.

Might help to find out what aids they are.

The profile says Unitron Moxi 12. But it appears that he’s wishing to program other hearing aids using the iCube legacy wireless fitting device?? Ain’t going to happen unless the other hearing aids are also Legacy wireless Phonak/Unitron hearing aids.

i said what my aids were in my post. moxi12 aids.

i connected my aids to the trufit software yesterday and went thru the settings. i did notice the moxi12 do not show the range of my hearing loss. even the loss i had when i first got them. it falls short in the 4k,8k range and the aids don’t have that 80 and above decibel range where my hearing loss is at for hi frequency is.

the icube connected to my aids easy enough. and i made the aids beep so i know the software was connected, and i got the serial numbers and the first fitting date. 7-6-12, so these are 5 years old now. also when i was viewing the different graphs i saw the graph was way lower that the device range is capable of working at.

however i do not want to mess with these aids as i still see the dr. for adjustments and my guess is if she sees i have change the program she will stop seeing me and then i’m out. so i will get a used pair from ebay and mess with them and if i make them work for me i will get me some of the latest devices and just program them myself. i will have to let the seller do the first program but then i can do my own tweaks. thanks.

No ???

Buying multiple sets of legacy hearing aids just to see if it improves your hearing, and then if that works buy current technology? Hmmmmm, maybe try this instead.

Look into the possibility of getting free trials on current technology without testing two sets of legacy hearing aids.

Also you can’t tweak the settings on “the latest devices” using an iCube legacy wireless fitting device.

Due to the way the board displays threads, it didn’t appear in the post.

Which version of the Moxi 12 and the chipset might be handy but there you go.

I’m assuming this is a Gen 1 product which is getting on a bit now. They will program fine with the ICube.

Anything later, like North and Tempus will need and ICube 2.

what i want the used hearing for is to learn how they work. and how the fitting program work then i will go with new technology. i figure what i get from ebay will be about the technology i have now but if i mess up those devices i will not be out my current aids and the program in them. and it will help me learn the programs i use.

i’m not trying to improve my hearing with old aids but i should be able make changes i can detect and then by moving the settings around i can learn what works and what doesn’t work.

the aids i have now really don’t do anything for me. after 5 years the dr. still has not made them so i can hear. all they feel like is amplifiers. they make sounds louder or softer as i turn up the volume. and they are top line devices for the year i got them. i can’t hear in restaurants i can’t hear the wife setting across the table, i hear my own voice when i talk. the wife says i still shout when i talk. maybe because i still can’t hear. driving in the car wind is so bad i just turn them off.
so because she just can’t help the only other choice is to see if i can make it better. the consensus here is the same people here want to adjust their own aids because the dr. can’t help them.

i know it is going to take some time but i have time, so outside of a few dollars in used devices even old ones it will be a learning experience. thanks.

Self programming may not help your profound hearing loss. I encourage you to try free trials if they are available in your area. Perhaps this would allow you to find the hardware that works best for you.

The Moxi 12 was never the top line device in any line up. It’s mid range, that said it seems like you have never fully acclimatized to them. Fair enough if you want to adjust them though.

most likely the truth. being they are moxi12 units. but in the research i have done on them they do have a lot of stuff going for them. but compared to today’s devices they most likely are archaic at best.

and when i connected them to the trufit software they told me they have been logging data for 147 days. and that was the last time i was in for adjustments and i told the dr. i wanted volume control on them. up to that point she had everything turned off. the buttons on them did nothing.

now i see there is data and when i go back in 3 weeks she may make more adjustments to them. i have the settings on these saved in the program and i will then see what changed. i’m going to ask her if she has the automatic adjustments turned on and working. i think it is but like i said i’m not messing with these aids for fear she will see it and stop doing anything to them that i paid for.

being they are 5 years old now i fully expect soon she will stop working with these aids and want to fit me with newer units with more features. but i will not go back to her for new aids because of the poor performance my aids have given me.

when i first got them i could not even tell i had them and after 4 or so visits she got them so i could hear my voice echo in my ear. she had me fitted with ear molds and then took them away and gave me open domes. then i had the left ric unit fail and she replaced it free. last time i was there the right ric failed and she gave me a smaller one and charged me for it. so i’m not real satisfied. that is why i want to do it my self. thanks.

At the end of a fitting session you will be given a choice for saving the changes to the database, or to the hearing aids, or to both. Just don’t ever save the changes to your hearing aids.

You don’t even have to complete the end/save-setting choices in Truefit if you are not comfortable about overwriting the hearing aid programming. Just kill the Truefit software or shutdown your computer. Then just power off and then power on your hearing aids to go back to the original settings.

Your hearing aids will remain programmed as they were before.

yes i know but thanks for the reminder. i have been thru the complete trufit program with my aids connected and i found the data and setting in them. when i was done i went to end the session and was prompted to save to log file and or devices. i unchecked both boxes for now as i do not want to save anything for the moment. in a few days as i get more familiar with this program than i will save to log file.

after my next dr. visit i’m going to ask here to show me if she will stuff i can do to make some changed and if she allows it then i will change the settings she tells mi i can change and save the old data to the file and date it for every time i make any change. then i will save it to a thumb drive and show her so she then can adjust them for more automatic setting. if she says no then i will not mess with these and i will get another pair and work with them and learn the settings myself. thanks.

Let me say it a different way.

Starting a fitting session, Make no changes, Don’t save
–is the same as–
Start a fitting session, Make changes, Don’t save

You don’t have to buy another pair of hearing aids!

pvc i understand what your saying. i want to get another pair to test using the programs. then if and whn i play with the moxi 12’s i have a better idea what is going on. i know i can use the program and now actually change anything if i don’t save it to the devices, i can however save anything i change to the log file for future device changes if i want to.

on another note i downloaded just about all the programs you list in getting started topic and most would not see my icube the siemens starkey and resound. in fact the resound did not load up the install failed 2 times so i gave up. the siemens 6.5.5 would not install either. but not a problem as the programs that i can get into and connect my icube are the hearing aids that i will look for on ebay. i’m patient so one day a pair will show up and i will get them. i have specific hearing aids on my search. but thanks for helping your suggestions and ideas make it easier to figure this all out. bp.

the starkey person that fitted me to a set of muse aids told me i don’t have profound hearing loss he said sever loss. the shop dr. that tested my ears back in 09 said i had profound. you say profound, next month i will ask the audiologist what she calls my loss and then let you know, if she says profound then that is 3 people and that will be that. i’m not debating that though just saying what a dr. told me 3 weeks ago at a starkey place. they did my audiogram as well that day. to be honest when i had my aids program open in the trufit program the moxi range was below my audiogram so that may be another issue i’m having with them they are not good enough for my loss. any thoughts on that? thanks bop

Again, you can do that now without buying another pair of hearing aids. Just Don’t save your changes!

Also, because you bought the iCube wireless fitting device you are limiting yourself to Phonak/Unitron only! You cannot program other manufacturer’s hearing aids using an iCube. Furthermore, because it’s an iCube and not the iCube II you are further limiting yourself to Legacy/Old hearing aids.

As to whether your hearing loss is profound or severe you should talk with a professional about that. If you hover over your audiogram in your profile here, in this forum, it says profound.

thanks sounds like i better look for a hi pro rather than an icube ll all the software i downloaded and ran all the programs that were on your getting started section they all wanted the hipro programmer, only the unitron trufit program took the icube. but being i’m looking on ebay, the old stuff is what i’m going to find. and for testing it will be ok with me. i know your thinking about saving money but like i said i don’t need to mess up mine at this time.

and you say don’t save the changes, but how would i test those changes unless i save them to the aids? i would have to wear the changes for a few days to see how it is working out.

so with most of those programs wanting the hipro programer unit i will keep looking a deal. then when i find a pair of hearing aids that are in the fitting software i will have the hardware to fit them. thanks bp.

so pvc tell me if you happen to know if i get the hipro programmer i will need cables correct? can you tell me how many different sets of cables are needed or do the different companies stick to a standard? i see the talk about c44 and c44a cables which sound like the same cable but wires 3,4 are switched in the c44a? also i see some cables that have straight ends and some that are 45 deg angles on them. is there a topic that has this information in it so if i wind up with a set of aids that take phonak or resound or starkey i can then look for cables if they are not wifi or bluetooth compatible. thanks bp.