Hearing Aid Practitioner employed at Costco…Ask Me Anything!

What’s the difference between Compilot and Compilot 2?

Longer battery life, supports two phones in parallel even with TVLink or RemoteMic connected, RemoteControl app compatible, mic attenuation, direct dial feature.

OK. That’s what I needed to know. Makes me feel better knowing that the aids I’m about to pick up won’t be replaced at Costco in a month.

Explain “Two phones in parallel”
Thanks

The ComPilot can monitor two Bluetooth phones at one time, but only if you’re not connected to another device such as the TVLink or RemoteMic. The ComPilot II can be connected to two phones and one TVLink or RemoteMic all at the same time.

pvc.
With respect. My conversations have been with rasmus. He, as he claims, works at Costco, and he is giving me valuable info.
When you state in your post phrases such as “I don’t believe”, “I believe that” or “That’s what I think”, is giving opinion.
I am seeking hard factual information, which rasmus is providing.
So. Again with respect. Please refrain in replying unless you have actual facts.

I have some 80 day old KS5’s BTE ITC that I need to decide if to keep or not. My question, given my audio-gram, is the standard fitting approach to add gain at each of the frequencies to bring them all up (to the extent that is realistic / possible) to the same general audio level. In other words would the target be to have my corrected audio-gram, with the KS5’s in, pretty much a horizontal line?

Thanks

Gary

Update: returned them for 100% refund … good for COSTCO!

Correct me if I’m wrong but I also understood receiver technology does not allow for acceptable high-frequency gain. Once you get above mid-range 1,000Hz to 3,000Hz frequencies you are limited by the ability of the “speaker” to amplify 4,000Hz to 6,000Hz sounds.

I realize that in many cases feedback is part of the problem but if we’re completely honest, the key frequencies at 4,000Hz and above aren’t amplified by hearing aids to any degree of benefit to most users. (i.e. Most hearing aid wearers have more than a moderate loss at high frequencies).

Anyway, my hybrid implant provides clear and usable sound all the way up to 8,000Hz and it is truly an amazing and miraculous thing.

wibnrml, I don’t work at Costco, and I’m not the one who started this thread. I was simply answering your questions, as I do for other members of the forum. Feel free to private message me if you need further assistance.

Oh I'm so sorry wib.  I didn't realize that this thread belonged to you and rasmus.

Oh but wait a minute. This thread was started by fuhgettaboutit. So how in the hell can it now belong to you for your purpose of having a private conversation. If you want to have a private conversation that is what email/PM is for. Don’t you know?

Thanks. Will do.

AND, why are you happy knowing this? You are already one generation back (or one step back in Technology) even before you buy. Are you saying that you are happy that you will not be two generations back??

You should look at the differences between the models and decide whether that fits your hearing needs and your lifestyle.

Even if you assume a totally flat hearing loss, you would still need to apply more gain in the high frequencies because speech sounds in those areas are softer and have less energy than those in the low frequencies.

pvc. My apologies. You are correct, going thru a general post so others can see is not a private conversation.
But I think you can see that rasmus and I was having a dialog, with him supplying factual information.

Which is my point. Please keep it factual.

And if i offended you, I’m sorry, it was not my intent.
As with some of us, I am learning this ever evolving technology, regarding both hearing aids and using this forum.

wibnrml;
We are all learning. Keep what factual? What specifically?

You don’t want me to talk about Costco not selling certain products such as speaker-wire/receivers? They don’t! Is that what you are referencing?

Well lets see…
What would you like to do? For two aids pay $2500 at Costco or $5000 at a brick and mortar?
I’ve done my shopping and testing on the aids.
What I’m getting is what fits me, latest technology nonwithstanding.
I’ve worn aids for 55 years. I get new aids every three years. I’ve pretty much seen all the evolutions.
Of course the last 10 years has seen a massive amount of change.
And I know that as soon as I buy, they are obsolete.
So my decision to buy one bell or whistle less is mine.

So who are you?
Are you a audi? Are you in the business? Are you someone who has a beef against Costco?

I am someone who thinks pretty much along the same lines, except one drastic step further as in this >> (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?17869-Buying-used-Phonak-Audeo-Q90-Costco-Phonak-Brio-Hearing-Aids) <<.

Would love any input you have for me.
Thanks.

This is good info.
So let me disect this somewhat.

The Phonak Audeo Q90 is the same as the Costco Phonak Brio, except the Brio is minus the tinnitus and EchoBlock features.
Something I don’t need.

Both the Brio and the Q90 are one generation back from the Phonak Audeo V90 which has a new platform/chip with twice the processing power and up to 30% less battery consumption. Something I guess I’ll just have to do without this go round.

The new Audeo V90 also has direct to the HAs streaming and iPhone control. This is nice, but I have a android phone. Again maybe next time.

Aside from the different features I believe that the quality of sound will be the same for all three versions of these HAs. Which is why I am going with the aids I am.

You also continue on by saying that most people would be more comfortable having waranty and service.
Which is something I do want.
This was actually good stuff. Thanks

Have a great day in paradise :slight_smile: