Hearing Aid Practitioner employed at Costco…Ask Me Anything!

The 15% limit on markup could still be in play. With a product with heavy services involved the markup may include the services. In other word, take the price of the product, plus the price of the services and supplies used/provided plus the remote control, case, filters, domes, dryer, etc., then add 15%. It would be valid to include all product costs (all costs involved in delivering the final product/service).

That’s great but I get the same level of service with Costco. I think some of the pros underestimate the level of service provided at Costco.

In your list I don’t think most Costco Hearing Aid departments will be able to provide house or nursing home calls because I don’t think they have laptops. They would need equipment just for that. Everything else on the list they do, and well.

LMAO nailed it. Will the real troll please stand up. Reminds me of that old TV show “What’s My Line”.

:slight_smile:

Oh Jakey, you silly goose. We all know that in your case there is no difference. Just two of you more charming attributes. The rest of just avoid scatological language and replace it with common courtesy. Most of us got over talking like you by seventh grade. We don’t giggle about it either. Start emulating us and you’ll be ready for polite company within the decade.

Very good idea

Can you please tell me why you don’t try to hit the target for 4khz? Won’t your clients miss out on the ‘s’, ‘f’, ‘th’ sibilants if you don’t provide enough gain?

Does Costco carry ComPilot Air II ?
And what is the difference between that and the ComPilot & ComPilot Air ?
Will be getting new Phonaks HA and BT package this weekend.
Thanks

It’s difficult to hit targets at 4K due to feedback issues, especially if you have more than a moderate loss in that area.

Costco does not carry the ComPilot Air II. That device can only be used with newer Phonak hearing aids which are not yet available through Costco. The ComPilot Air II doesn’t require the use of a neckloop like the ComPilot/ComPilot II.

I don’t think Costco is allowed to sell accessories for Phonak products. I know they don’t sell speaker wire/receivers.

Yes they do. They offer Blutooth accessory packages bundled with the Compilot, TVLink and a choice of including the remote mic.
$300 for all three.
I am picking them up this weekend, along with my new Phonak aids.

So is the functionality any different between the three?

I will be receiving the Compilot when I pick up my new Phonak aids this weekend.
I just wanted to make sure I was getting the latest technology Costco has to offer.

You mean accessories for your Costco version, a.k.a. Phonak Brio aids. Try buying accessories for a Phonak product that is not a Brio. For example, I know that you cannot buy speaker-wire receivers from Costco.

And, I doubt that you can buy Bluetooth accessory packages when they are not bundled or added to your Brio.

You’re getting the latest that Costco has to offer, but not the latest that Phonak has to offer. The ComPilot Air II and ComPilot II use a new wireless chip for faster and more stable connections. The ComPilot II also has 24-hour streaming time, and both devices have new microphone attenuation features and dialing features.

Costco does sell accessories separately, whether you purchased your hearing aids from them or not. Receivers aren’t accessories; they’re parts.

Well I would defer to rasmus on what Costco does on their Phonak BT bundles.
But what I DO know is that they offer accessory bundles to go with Phonak aids. I never implied they offered single components.
What my original querry to Remus was to find out what the latest model of the Compilot was offered by Costco.
That one being in the bundle I would be getting this weekend.
Just doing pre delivery research.

Thanks rasmus. I will give that a try.

So do you know when the newer products will be available at Costco?

I don’t think you’ll see them before first or second quarter of 2016.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I don’t believe it is in Phonak’s best interests (and the professional audiologists that sell their products) to make the latest technology available for discounted sales. I believe that the Phonak products that are sold at Costco will remain one generation back, or at least soon to be replaced with newer technology. That’s what I think.