Hearing Aid Practitioner employed at Costco…Ask Me Anything!

I don’t think Costco is allowed to sell accessories for Phonak products. I know they don’t sell speaker wire/receivers.

Yes they do. They offer Blutooth accessory packages bundled with the Compilot, TVLink and a choice of including the remote mic.
$300 for all three.
I am picking them up this weekend, along with my new Phonak aids.

So is the functionality any different between the three?

I will be receiving the Compilot when I pick up my new Phonak aids this weekend.
I just wanted to make sure I was getting the latest technology Costco has to offer.

You mean accessories for your Costco version, a.k.a. Phonak Brio aids. Try buying accessories for a Phonak product that is not a Brio. For example, I know that you cannot buy speaker-wire receivers from Costco.

And, I doubt that you can buy Bluetooth accessory packages when they are not bundled or added to your Brio.

You’re getting the latest that Costco has to offer, but not the latest that Phonak has to offer. The ComPilot Air II and ComPilot II use a new wireless chip for faster and more stable connections. The ComPilot II also has 24-hour streaming time, and both devices have new microphone attenuation features and dialing features.

Costco does sell accessories separately, whether you purchased your hearing aids from them or not. Receivers aren’t accessories; they’re parts.

Well I would defer to rasmus on what Costco does on their Phonak BT bundles.
But what I DO know is that they offer accessory bundles to go with Phonak aids. I never implied they offered single components.
What my original querry to Remus was to find out what the latest model of the Compilot was offered by Costco.
That one being in the bundle I would be getting this weekend.
Just doing pre delivery research.

Thanks rasmus. I will give that a try.

So do you know when the newer products will be available at Costco?

I don’t think you’ll see them before first or second quarter of 2016.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I don’t believe it is in Phonak’s best interests (and the professional audiologists that sell their products) to make the latest technology available for discounted sales. I believe that the Phonak products that are sold at Costco will remain one generation back, or at least soon to be replaced with newer technology. That’s what I think.

What’s the difference between Compilot and Compilot 2?

Longer battery life, supports two phones in parallel even with TVLink or RemoteMic connected, RemoteControl app compatible, mic attenuation, direct dial feature.

OK. That’s what I needed to know. Makes me feel better knowing that the aids I’m about to pick up won’t be replaced at Costco in a month.

Explain “Two phones in parallel”
Thanks

The ComPilot can monitor two Bluetooth phones at one time, but only if you’re not connected to another device such as the TVLink or RemoteMic. The ComPilot II can be connected to two phones and one TVLink or RemoteMic all at the same time.

pvc.
With respect. My conversations have been with rasmus. He, as he claims, works at Costco, and he is giving me valuable info.
When you state in your post phrases such as “I don’t believe”, “I believe that” or “That’s what I think”, is giving opinion.
I am seeking hard factual information, which rasmus is providing.
So. Again with respect. Please refrain in replying unless you have actual facts.

I have some 80 day old KS5’s BTE ITC that I need to decide if to keep or not. My question, given my audio-gram, is the standard fitting approach to add gain at each of the frequencies to bring them all up (to the extent that is realistic / possible) to the same general audio level. In other words would the target be to have my corrected audio-gram, with the KS5’s in, pretty much a horizontal line?

Thanks

Gary

Update: returned them for 100% refund … good for COSTCO!

Correct me if I’m wrong but I also understood receiver technology does not allow for acceptable high-frequency gain. Once you get above mid-range 1,000Hz to 3,000Hz frequencies you are limited by the ability of the “speaker” to amplify 4,000Hz to 6,000Hz sounds.

I realize that in many cases feedback is part of the problem but if we’re completely honest, the key frequencies at 4,000Hz and above aren’t amplified by hearing aids to any degree of benefit to most users. (i.e. Most hearing aid wearers have more than a moderate loss at high frequencies).

Anyway, my hybrid implant provides clear and usable sound all the way up to 8,000Hz and it is truly an amazing and miraculous thing.

wibnrml, I don’t work at Costco, and I’m not the one who started this thread. I was simply answering your questions, as I do for other members of the forum. Feel free to private message me if you need further assistance.