Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software

Sure, but don’t forget to you’ll need the correct programming device as well.

Hello,
I am new and perhaps I a

Hello,
I am new and perhaps I am not in the right file. I had bad hearing in my right ear for a long time. With age, it is difficult for me to follow a conversation with several people. I consulted an ENT doctor who did an audiogram and advised me to wear HA. Since the audiogram of the right ear is very different from that of the left ear, the audioprothesist hesitates to fit one or both ears. Eventually (perhaps for buseness reasons) he advised me a pair of Phonak P90 or a pair of Oticon More 1. Do you think that with these HA I could see a real improvement in my hearing ? Is the choice of the audioprothesis the right ? What benefit can i expect for my right ear and would I get some stereophonic effect? Here are all my questions.
Your knowledge and experience in this area will be a great use to me in choosing decision .
Thanks for any insight in this.

Sorry for my poor Google translation.

Êtes-vous français? Je crois que les soins de santé français fournissent des appareils auditifs gratuitement. Si oui, alors pourquoi ne pas essayer une paire d’aides auditives gratuites et voir par vous-même à quel point elles aident? Vous êtes la meilleure personne pour juger dans quelle mesure les aides auditives fonctionnent pour votre perte auditive spécifique.

Are you French? I believe that French health care provides hearing aids for free. If so, then why not try a pair of free hearing aids and see for yourself how much they help? You are the best person to judge how well hearing aids work for your specific hearing loss.

1 Like

It is true that hearing care professionals must allow a free trial. This is a four weeks trial. For his first HA it is difficult to choose a model different from that proposed by the audioprothesist. Often it favors one or two brands and you can t do a real comparative test. I believe that few customers test two brands of HA and do not question the seller’s suggestions…

must allow a free trial? No.

But most audiologist do allow free trials. Read the free trial contract in advance, Before you start the trial. Just ask for a blank copy.

For example, what happens is you lose the trial hearing aids? Who pays?

You should do the trial period, looking at your audiogram show’s you definitely need some help there on both ears, but especially the right side, make sure you get fit with 2 (a pair) also trial at least a couple of brands, so you can choose which one works best for you.

Good luck.

@wavehead2000 You said (Signia Motion 13P). Did you mean (Signia Motion 13P Nx)? Here’s a screen clip from Connexx 9.7.0 SiFit 9.7.0;

Yes! That’s the one! Motion 13P 7Nx. Thank you so much.

Also, Hopefully you have Noahlink Wireless on the way and not NOAHlink. Many times ppl call it by the wrong name.

1 Like

Hello! I am a newbie and loving all the info on this forum. I recently acquired a pair of barely used Phonak audéo Paradise P70-RL. They came with M2 receivers which are too strong for my needs. I have mild to mod-sev loss and even with the MyPhonak adjustments, the sounds, especially the constant white noise, were too loud. I bought a pair of S2 receivers and would also like to reprogram them to my needs (I have an audiogram). Could someone share the link with me for the most recent Phonak Target software (4.0 I think) please? I am scouting for an inexpensive Noahlink wireless programmer and hope to get started soon. Thank you

Sure, good your going DIY, hopefully you’ll get them sounding just how you like them.
Check out the user guide for target here.

https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/other-support/target-fitting-software/overview-target.html

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking for Connexx 9 software. Can anyone help me?
Thank You.

Sure, but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well.

Check out the user guides as well.

https://www.signia-pro.com/en-us/sales-tools/connexx/

1 Like

Hello new widex moment 330 user. Frustrated with Audi and lack of fine tuning support. Can anybody help me out with the Compass GPS software?

Sure, but don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing. It means a lot to me to be able to get support from people such as yourself.

1 Like

Sure no problem, there’s lots of us doing DIY on the forum, so any time you have any questions or need advice, just let everyone know.

3 Likes

Does anyone have an app for Starkey hearing aids? I don’t have a hearing aid, just curious to study the hearing aid adjustment app :slight_smile:

An App? Like a cellphone App that has volume control sliders and such? There is the Starkey Thrive cellphone App. Personally I think most of those Apps are useless;

c1

Or do want Starkey Fitting Software (Starkey Inspire) to look at various hearing aid models and their programmable features? Starkey Inspire is readily available in the very first link in the OP/Original Post at the top of this topic.

1 Like