Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software

Well even older versions may work. But you shouldn’t want to install any older version.

TrueFit 5.0.0.19823 is the sweet spot because it’s the last version to support iCube. So you should want to support as many models and changes as you can before losing the ability to use iCube.

Sure, I guess if you wanted to update at any time in the future it’s easy enough to do.

But the problem with updating is that you will lose your ability to use iCube. Ideally you should ditch iCube, use iCubeII, and update to the latest TrueFit.

But not everyone wants to do that. Maybe the iCube was free or really cheap. So if one must use iCube then TrueFit 5.0 is the newest version that will allow an iCube connection.

Yeah exactly, this is why I suggested 3.4 or 3.5 to begin with as that suits what @andreanboea is doing, as for dumping iCube for iCube ll, that is the way forward for most I’m sure, but he’d need to undate his HAs as well, I’m guessing he doesn’t want to do that(as you say not everyone will want to) I’m guessing he’s still looking for that “analogue type sound” with the Max for whatever that’s worth.

Hmm; I thought that iCubeII was backwards compatible and could be used to program whatever HAs were previously programmed with iCube. And, therefore I assumed that @andreanboea has the iCube and does not have an iCubeII device.

If he has iCubeII, then he could just use any version of TrueFit that he wants to use, including the latest 5.3 version.

Yeah i think he’s just got the iCube, I’m thinking he should just update his HAs so he has a better model and use the iCube ll which is a better device and be done with it, BTY is @andreanboea the guy with all those rebranded models, if so maybe this is why he has a iCube.

He is attempting to bring the gift of hearing to HOH-community members who can’t afford even the most basic/newer models. But in doing so, he has to try making some very-old-stuff work.

1 Like

Oh ok so that’s what he’s going,yeah if your gonna do things like that then you need to keep price’s down and DIY, so a lot of the older versions/models are an option for sure, the older Quest and Quantum models are very cheap as well, good on him.

1 Like

thank you for your help, really appreciate your help. it helps me a lot . better than what I expected

I thank you very much for your attention . it helps me a lot.

1 Like

I am looking for * Unitron TrueFit 5.1.0 software. Please help

sorry this is the old version of DIY School. Click my Avatar for the current version and ask for TrueFit there.

Please send me a link to Genie
Thank you

Just post a reply asking for what software you want.

Don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for your DIY projects.

Can anyone please help me with “Unitron TrueFit 5.1.0 software” would be highly appreciated.

I am looking to adjust my Resound Omnia demo. What is the latest software needed and can anyone help me locate?

Oh, sorry this is the old version of DIY School. Click my Avatar for the current version.

Well don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for DIY projects, is that correct you say your DEMO models?

c5

Here’s the new DIY School link → DIY School - (v2.0)

Also, if you forget how to get back to DIY School; Click any PVC Avatar in the forums to get a current link;

1 Like