Hearing Aid Fitting DIY School and Fitting Software

Someone should arrive soon to refute everything I just said. :wink:

That should be fun!

hi everyone . I have a Vista hearing aid. a subsidiary of Unitron now I need a program for Vista called Vista , please share with me if you have it

( I tried target for Tree - failed )
( (I tried unitron for unitron - failed

regard
Boea

Yeah that Vista:fit NovaSense is a hard one to get, it’s unlikely without an account unfortunately.

Another thing is that version of Vista:fit NovaSense is quite old 3.5 I think, @andreanboea have you considered updating your HAs, if you like Unitron you can get some pretty cheap deals on eBay, this would be easier for DIY as well.

at my place Vista is brand new, and the tool is not an old version. It’s a shame if you can’t get the program

From DIY School;

Your hearing aid model named Vista, distributed by a New-anyname-franchise named EPIC Hearing Healthcare is likely locked and maybe not even be recognized by Unitron’s fitting software.

Oh sorry, it’s just the screenshot I saw online show’s 3.5 version of software with the latest 3.7, in Unitron software it’s 5.3, using version 3.7 I think is still using iCube ll, so just an older platform that’s all.
And yes it’s most unfortunate that it’s going to be near on impossible to get a copy without an audiology clinics help.

Vista T RIC hearing aid guide shows Vista hearing aids which are manufactured by Unitron.

Look at the last page of that same Vista T RIC hearing aid guide. It’s from Unitron.
c3

This New-anyname-franchise, named EPIC Hearing Healthcare is likely selling these at a discount/cheaper than Unitron. And it is likely programmed using Unitron’s TrueFit software.

How can they do that? They do it with Unitron’s consent and help. But there’s a catch. They lock them. Unitron is not dumb.

So I added EPIC Hearing Healthcare to the list of new-anyname-franchises that have locked hearing aids. Am I certain of this? No, it’s an educated guess.

Haven’t youse guys ever read the first section of a DIY School PDF file named
(02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids)? An excerpt is posted above.

1 Like

Yeah pretty interesting, still I can’t understand why people buy these odd ball rebranded HAs, can’t be just the “price factor” possibly some marketing hype with “special sauce” added to help sell, Unitron themselves are considerably cheaper outfits as they are using Phonaks “parts bin” but in saying that @andreanboea states they tried Unitron (TrueFit I hope) and it was a no go?
So nothing worse then having to use skined software and then find the dam HAs locked as well, a absolute PITA!

@andreanboea what was the reason you brought, insurance cover or something else?

it would be very troublesome. so every time setting and program you have to go to the hearing center, the place to buy VISTA equipment…

I live in a country where hearing aids of any brand are very expensive and sold here. want phonak, unitron or vista.

I’m not the person who bought Vista directly but someone asked me to program the hearing aid because the hearing center is far from our city (he bought it online)

so that’s why I tried to help him, and I remember my friends at Heraingtrackr had a much better experience than me.

btw. I’m just a person who has sudden deafness, and learned how to program hearing aids independently. ( learn on my own ) .

and now I can help deaf children in my country by donating some hearing aids for free. a little wisdom, after losing my hearing. Of course I was helped by a good friend for a hearing aid.

1 Like

Yes, the plan is to allow fitting only by a professional audiologist. Or as you say, the hearing center. But that is standard business for all top tier hearing aids.

Maybe your friend could ask for the secret code? The answer will likely be NO! But it doesn’t hurt to ask. Or, maybe ask for remote fittings. Though, these anyname-franchises tend to be stingy with their resources.

1 Like

yes, you are right, they are very stingy to share . not infrequently their target is only to sell as many tools as possible rather than provide good information.

Several times I have received stories from parents who have children who are deaf, if their children are deaf, and the average is 110 DB. then the tools on offer (after I checked) do not cover interference above 90 DB. and it’s very sad for me. , in the end the little anal does not benefit during use the hearing aid.

In your quest to help the HOH community you may want to become aware of another trap. The new rechargeable hearing aids with built-in rechargeable batteries only last a few years. Oticon has a battery door to replace the rechargeable batteries. The other manufacturers do not have a battery door. They are sealed. Read a DIY School PDF file named (05 Buying Rechargeable Hearing Aids).

1 Like

Yeah that’s the marketing to retail industry in a nut shell, of course not all are like this and a lot can be quite helpful, as seen by the local audiologists who frequent this forum.

If you can, try to stick to the big 5 of manufacturers,as these can be easily programmed and plenty of information can be found from right here on hearingtracker.

I can’t seem to do anything for this Vista dead step.

do you have aura fit sofware ?

Instructions for self-downloading fitting software (including Aurafit Relate-United HealthCare for newer/current Relate/Unitron) is available at DIY School. If you don’t know (or forgot how) to find DIY School, It’s simple, just Click PVC’s Avatar from any forum post or message and then; Click PVC’s Featured Topic.

yes. thank you very much. i got it.