Hearing aid dryer needed?

@Baltazard

Should be every 2 months but I change every 3 months.

1 Like

@Baltazard

Am I right you’re in the UK? If you are, Boots Hearing Care is so much cheaper for Dry Briks with free p&p.

EDIT. Just realised Connevans have lowered their price so is now in fact cheaper. Altho p&p isn’t free.

1 Like

@Zebras Still, I was thinking about getting one without extra expenses.
I know £7 might not be much, but the cost adds up, as the saying goes “every little helps”
Thx

1 Like

I have owned a Professional Dry & Store for about 12 years. I believe your climate could affect how often the Briks need changing. In our dry climate change mine about every 6 months.
I now use it for my Cochlear Nucleus 7 processors. It has been pretty much bulletproof all these years.

2 Likes

I have a Dry and Store Global II, and also a scale that reads to 0.01 gram but whose actual precision is probably more like 0.2 gram. I tracked the weight of a couple of Dry Briks as they absorbed moisture, and found that the weight leveled off after 2 months, which is just the recommended change interval. The one set of readings I kept says that a 3-month-old brik weighed 29.77g, the next new brik started out at 25.15g, and it leveled off around 29.72g 2 months later. This was in April 2020, not generally an excessively humid time in the Washington DC area, and I live in a well-conditioned condo.

3 Likes

@x475aws Well done, thank you very much.

I am a VA patient. When I was fit with my first HAs last Sep, I asked about the dehydrating inserts for my charging case, and the audiologist (who I would say has been generous to me to a fault) said to wait until we saw a problem before we did anything like that. Winter is excessively dry here, but we are about to enter a pretty wet season. We’ll see! If I never have to do anything about moisture, I won’t be sad. More complexity in my life, I don’t need.

WH

I have dry & store as well, as it’s standard issue with Cochlear processor here in Oz. I change my bricks every 4 months for 9 months of the year. During summer/humid weather every 2 months.

1 Like

I’m on my 2nd set of HA from the VA. First ones were Resound Linx2 I had them for about 4 years. They just gave me new Resound One’s in Jan. They have never said anything about something to keep them dry. And I live in Louisiana were it’s always humid. I wonder what I might need?

Contact your VA Audiology clinic. They will get you one.
Dan

1 Like

Of course, with most dessicant brands, rather than replacing the drying brick, you can simply microwave them in order to dry them out.