Headphones with RIC

Hello all

I am currently testing Phonak Lumity LIfe L90
I was wondering, if my computer at work doesnt have bluetooth, how can I participate to meetings?
What kind of headphones I can use? I’ve tried OVER THE EAR and my phonak started to whistle :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

Plug in a Phonak TV Connector 2, via the computer audio 3.5 jack plug, works perfect for Zoom, streaming video, VOIP Calls, the Lumity’s will have a built in pick up mic, so no headset required… Cheers Kev :grin:

4 Likes

It might not be the simplest solution but since my HA’s are already paired with my phone, I usually join the audio portion of the call from my phone and the video portion from my computer. Almost every meeting platform has that option when you join a meeting. It works flawlessly for me every time.

To answer your question about headphones…I have used them but they have to be full over the ear headphones so the HA is also inside the cushion part to really work well. Most of the time you will only see those types for gaming headsets and they just don’t look right in a meeting. Also, I always struggle to get the volume right considering the HA’s also amplify the sound.

4 Likes

so I must carry this connector with me at office
damn :slight_smile:

I do have headphones over the ear but I cant wear it, my HA are whistling :frowning:

USB BLUETOOTH adapter on computer.

3 Likes

Limited-time deal: TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC, Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle Receiver, Plug and Play, Nano Design, EDR & BLE Technology, Supports Windows 11/10/8.1/7 for Desktop, Laptop, PS5/PS4/Xbox Controller (UB500) https://a.co/d/4iHN6uj

1 Like

yep, the only solution
thanks

I have 3 of the Phonak TV Connector 2’s, compared to Roger devices, they aren’t expensive, I bought 2 second hand, the other was a freebe with a set of Marvel’s about 5 years ago, these TV Connectors are fairly versatile, minimal lip-sync, audio clarity is good… Yeah, you could buy a Bluetooth dongle, but in comparison to the TV Connector, it may be a compromise… Weight wise, a couple of ounces, 3 inch square, by half an inch thick, USB 2 to power up, Toslink or 3.5 jack plug to connect to audio, cables are provided… In the MyPhonak App, you can adjust the ambient balance & volume, the ambient balance will remove all office noise, if you set the slider all the way to the right… Cheers Kev :grin:

1 Like

:smiley: will consider this option, right
appreciate it

1 Like

I wear Oticon RITE aids and I use my Bose over the ear headphones with them most every day. I just offset the headphones to cover the hearing aids, it works great for me

2 Likes

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX ($199) work well with my Widex Moment Sheer HAs. Note that these have high-impedance (300 Ω) drivers and are open-backed, so that’s something to consider when using at work, where leakage/ambient noise and subpar PC headphone outputs may be in play.

Otherwise, I skip the HAs and use Apple AirPods 2, or an IEM system that supports EQ to adequately compensate for my HL (wired IEMs and the Qudelix 5K DAC/amp, or TWS with EQ such as the AKG N400NC).

I recently picked up the Linsoul 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 wired IEMs for $27 out the door and have EQ’d them to suit on the Qudelix 5K. They have remarkably low distortion for the cost and can be EQ’d aggressively. I applied compensation to the bass because I swapped out the ear tips for wider-bore SpinFit CP145s.

2 Likes

Tried all brands over the ear. Only Sony fit well over aids

Ahhh! A connoisseur of vintage audiophile headphones!!
And a Q5K, too! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I tend to call in to virtual meetings too and stream through the phone. The extra bonus is that if your crappy internet drops out you’re still in the meeting.

3 Likes

I use an iPad mini for my meetings.

2 Likes

When working at home, I use Bose QC35 over-the-ear headphones with a Bluetooth connection. I can use these without my hearing aids by turning up the volume. If I wear my aids, they will whistle unless I turn the aids down a bit.

When working in the office, I use a much cheaper set of wired on-the-ear headphones with a boom mike. I usually have to turn down the aids a bit.

What aids fo you have? I wear my Q25 Bose with an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter over my Oticon Real1 or my More1 aids without any feedback. And that includes with using the wide open Music program.

i have tried some no-name over the ear wearing Phonak and Signia

Both gave me bad feedback

KS8. If they whine, I only need to turn them down slightly.

1 Like