Headphones with RIC

Are you using domes are custom ear molds. I have custom ear molds with very small vents.
If you are using open domes then that would allow more chances for feedback.

Open domes. The only time I have feedback is with headphones and then I just turn them down a bit.

If you have open domes and that is the only time you get feedback your aids are set up very good.

I’m using Shokz OpenComm2 UC bone conduction headphones. This gets around the feedback issue with over the ear. I tried the Bose QC newest model and had the same issues with feedback. The Shokz are comfortable for me even with the phonak Lumity and blue blocker glasses on. (That’s a lot of gear hanging out behind my ears). I was really surprised at how well I was able to hear with bone conduction. Others tell me that my audio is good coming from the boom mic on the Shokz. This might work for you too.

1 Like

Use a Sennheiser usb bluetooth adapter. Easy and has all the drivers. Sennheiser is related to Phonak.

1 Like

When using headphones do you guys use just the general program or a music specific program?

I first thought my Phonak M70 Naida, would be great for teams calls in office, but soon realised the mics on aids or software is not good for cancelling our back ground noise, so all other users on call complain they pick up to much. The cheapo headsets they give us in work have very good noise cancelling or its the software on laptop doing it.
Tried over the ear headphones to and work well if can get positioned just right but usually still start to whistle after so long.

1 Like

It depends on if i am listening to an audiobook or music. I use my default program for audio books and calls and music program for music.

1 Like

I am 85 years old and I got a new pair of Real 1 hearing aids. I had beige before and when I saw the pink set, I had to have them. Since I wear hearing aids, I decided to show them off. They go nice with my gray/blond short hair.

4 Likes

If you have HAs with telecoil - just put them in to the telecoil program when using Headphones. This drastically reduces (eliminates in my case) feedback whistling and also increases the quality of sound.

what do you mean? how?

in the myphonak app select the telecoil program instead of Automatic. If you don’t have a telecoil in your hearing aids then you wont see the telecoil program at all.

ok, I do have telecoil.
how is it gonna communicate with my headphones over the ear?

it picks up the electromagnetics from the headphone speakers - try it - you will be pleased!

1 Like

wew, didn’t know that.
thanks

how is the sound quality?
I’ll be able to test tomorrow

As good as possible since the signal goes direct to the Hearing aid without using its microphone. You also get sound from the HA microphone and you can adjust that using the “Ambient Balance” in the T-coil programme till you get what you like.

well, I’ll be getting Signia so I don’t know yet about that.
will check, much appreciated

Be sure your audi sets up the dedicated Music Program, and use it w/headphones, and all music sources.

1 Like

Hello,
I have “Bose QC35 II”, does not whistle in certain positions and it is comfortable and I created a specific program in unitron with microphone mode “omni”, that is without directionality feature or spatial awareness.
I have unitron moxi blu aids, similar to phonak paradise.