Has anyone else experienced this after a covid jab?

Hi I have just had my 6th covid jab and I noticed after my 4th booster around November 2021 I had a more frequent tinnitus always had a level of tinnitus that in past only really occurred when ill or stressed. Ever since my 5th jab last year I’ve had an increase in tinnitus and my hearing dropped and took 8 months to recover back to where it was before having my covid booster. I now feel like after just having had my booster I am again experiencing an increase in the level of my tinnitus. Also not when speaking to people but when watching tv or watching something on YouTube or twitch I have to turn the volume right up to understand what is being said. When I cover the vent on my moulds or wear my nathos nova PR and cover the vent things are slightly better but not great has this happened to anyone else?

Geez, I hope you’ll get more replies here, cuz I am NO anti-vaxxer … and yet! I have had three Covid booster shots - last one being in May of this year. Now we’re told to get ANOTHER one - and likely this will be the case till the end of time. Just like the annual flu shot, we are told to “Get 'em! Get 'em ALL! Get 'em ALL ON ONE DAY!”

I simply don’t agree. The (aging) body needs time to adjust to any drug injected, and these vaccines work on a path to NOT reproduce, but to deliver a hammer blow to our cells so they recognize a similar virus when it’s present. The problem is the “recovery” period from all these jabs. It’s not trivial. Your weak spot may be tinnitus, but mine is HORRID sciatica. After the recent flu vaccine I got in Sept. my sciatica left me crippled with non-stop pain for 10 or more days. I didn’t know when or if it would ever go away.

That’s why I’m postponing the next-gen Covid booster. I seem to have already survived the current wave without knowing if I even got it, and I know I’m playing with fire a bit, but the downsides to all these jabs is now outweighing the protective properties - especially if we can rely on everyone ELSE to get the jab and stop the spread. Ow. That sounds really selfish, but I don’t want to keep exposing my body to jab after jab after jab every few months like some kind of laboratory rat.

Again, I am NOT an anti-vaxxer, but there needs to be some balance - and how about those who keep spreading these viruses maybe take some precautions so the globe isn’t going through endless rounds of drug injections. I know … someone’s getting RICH off all this.

I’d rather live super healthy, protect myself, eat healthy, exercise daily and self-isolate during the spread of less deadly strains.

Sorry for the monograph here. It’s really been on my mind tho.

13 Likes

No increase for me.

I know if I think about it it seems worse. But I can say that about other health issues too.

6 Likes

@1Bluejay @user990 unfortunately I’ve always since childhood been prone to ear infections. In my adults years I’m being told to be careful about getting water in my ears as the slightest amount of water causes an infection and on top of that I’m now having to deal with a high level of tinnitus that is there from the moment I wake up. Luckily when I put my hearing aids in the tinnitus masking makes it more comfortable but this dip in hearing is annoying.

1 Like

Ditto my childhood: annual PAINFULLY bad ear aches. Now I swim with silicone earplugs in - would never want water in my ear canals, cuz like you, I suspect it would just provide an excellent environment for infection.

I have tinnitus 24x7 and am grateful for the aids masking that during the day. At night, the ceaseless ringing is in a single tone (mostly) and is almost a form of “white noise”.

Even so … I sure wish there was a CURE to make it go away.

3 Likes

Not for me, but i havent had any booster covid vacs since Nov 2021. I have had covid 3 times since, but i work in a hospital so to be expected. None of my covid infections has been worse than the flu withnthe last infection only about 45 days ago and that was like a mild cold. Im 63 and wont get another covid vac, ever.

9 Likes

I think arriving at valid conclusions from individual experiences is hazardous at best. Valid epidemiology usually requires large amounts of data, although when an effect is 100%, it may not take many observed events to arrive at a solid conclusion. Especially given human genetic and environmental variability, what’s true for one person may not be true for another. I’ve had my DNA sequenced by Nebula Genomics and bought the “lifetime” subscription to polygenic predisposition updates as new things are discovered about the human genome. My genetic predisposition to different traits and genetically related illnesses is all over the map. And such analyses take no account of differing environmental influences between different individuals.

The immune system, in particular, because it is continually generating diversity from the moment it’s formed inside of you, is likely to be pretty different from one person to another. So what the immune system in one person is going to do in response to Covid or a Covid vaccine from one person to another will probably not be very universal.

3 Likes

I love the way the Internet enables conspiracy theories…

4 Likes

@jim_lewis 4th amendment I guess, unless you have sum tin against it perhaps!

1 Like
5 Likes

The fourth amendment prohibits unreasonable search and seizure. You probably mean the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which enables the right to assemble and free speech.

7 Likes

I’d give it 5 thumbs-up! I am a HUGE fan of Dr John Campbell. Watched him from way back in early 2020 to today.

Another great info source is MedCram. (Plenty more timely videos at Youtube.) Watched that all through the Covid waves for a few years now, too. Lots of hard data and common sense advice too! I have huge respect for Dr Roger Seheult and Kyle Allred.

Each person has to decide for themselves, but the more credible info we have out there, the better.

7 Likes

FWIW, I had a temporary bout of tinnitus after the second or third jab. I have no underlying loss, but I did record a slight temporary decrease in my hearing too.

There’s something either in the sleeve mechanism, the agitant or actually in the viral load that causes the issue. Given that it was fairly short duration my money is on the agitant: but that’s needed to kick up your own body’s antibody development.

So, I’ll take the hit as it’s the lesser of two evils in my book. I might feel differently if it left me with legacy effects though.

2 Likes

Similar, I did develop sudden hearing loss and tinnitus in December 2022, not sure if this related to the Post-vaccine syndrome (I’ve had 2 = 1 + 1 booster) or a long covid.
I didn’t have any tinnitus prior and I am not sure if it came before or after the hearing loss, since I was already on the mild category.

1 Like

68 years old with a severe allergy reactions to penicillin and the flu shot. FWIW I’m not allergic to eggs. Plus, severe allergies to bee stings, crustaceans.

After discussing the situation with my GP, he advised me to avoid the shingles & pneumonia shots. While he wasn’t completely satisfied with my decision, I haven’t gotten any covid shots.

If I’ve gotten COVID, its been extremely mild and i never knew it.

My wife is up to date on her boosters and has gotten covid twice…

4 Likes

Direct answer to OP’s question. My brother started to experience it after his booster. Poor guy, a real struggle for him since.

2 Likes

Were you by any chance taking any kind of medication that you hadn’t taken before - even cold med?

I ask, cuz I think it was a week’s course of Coricidan that started my 24x7 tinnitus at age 14. Have had the mono-tone ring ever since 50+ years now!

3 Likes

Just to clarify: vaccines and boosters will never PREVENT the illness. They only mitigate it so one doesn’t end up in a hospital or under a tombstone.

Viral DOSE matters, along with one’s immune system. So I try to stay healthy and I actually wear one of these AirTamers whenever I’m out and about if Covid is running rampant. FWIW, I wear it on ANY and ALL airplane flights. Never been sick after a flight since I started that protocol.

2 Likes

Recent studies indicate a higher incidence of sudden onnset tinnitus after receiving vaccination shots for COVID-19.

5 Likes

Sorry if I’m a killjoy, but I don’t think the AirTamer is doing much of anything. I couldn’t find much about them other than marketing materials, but I found this comment on Reddit credible:

"Ozone and ionizing radiation, including some types of UV light can kill viruses (this is what we use in virus labs).

However, at the power, dose and level of efficacy at which these kill viruses they are also very bad for you - particularly your lungs, but also other things.

They work to kill viruses by either damaging DNA/RNA (yours also gets damaged) or by damage the protein/carbohydrate coat (you are also made of such things).

Nothing you wear around you neck is going to have enough air flow to direct the aerosols nor enough power to kill anything, unless by some miracle it does (they don’t) and then you are you are doing more damage to your lungs for sure than you chance of the virus."

We all have to use our own judgement, but I find the above commentf much more credible than the marketing materials.

4 Likes