Hands-free MFI for Oticon More.. any updates?

@cvkemp : The most-used sentence in the HoH community is about to become “Hello? … Hello? Can you hear me?”

1 Like

This is the kicker it is only going to be on the latest IOS devices and IOS15.2 are highly.

• Bi-directional streaming for certified Made for iPhone hearing devices is available with iPhone 11 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation and 4th generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation and 2nd generation), iPad Air (4th generation), and iPad mini (6th generation), with software updates iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 or later.

Yeah Chuck, they not only leave the older IOS devices out but totally ignore those of us who choose Android.

I guess I’m stuck with that damn Lanyard around my neck for the foreseeable future.
Oticon done “CLIPPED” us!

I would not blame Oticon, I am betting it is because Google hasn’t prepared the the software and properly the hardware to allow hands free yet. That is the reason it isn’t going to work for the older iPhones because the hardware isn’t capable for hands free. People are blaming the wrong group here just remember with two way communication it takes two to tango

1 Like

Thank you for the heads-up, @MDB !

This new added hands-free operation upgrade is exciting (for me at least!) and is arriving quicker than previously expected.

Eventually we will be able to get rid of all those annoying and clunky Bluetooth clip-on/TV etc streamers. Good riddance to that peripheral rubbish and chargers etc, I say.

Well at least for those manufacturers who support such technologies such as MFi and LE Bluetooth of the correct protocol(s).

Goodness know why Google and Android devices are so far behind the eight-ball in coming to the rescue of us hearing-challenged clients. Apple iPhone has supported MFi since the old ancient times of the iPhone 4.

Come on Samsung…get a wriggle on. :roll_eyes:

Why would hands-free require anything special in the phone hardware? People without hearing aids have been using hands-free calling with BT earpieces for years.

The ones that have been using it for years use Classic Bluetooth (like Phonak Marvel and Paradise)
To do it with LE bluetooth requires BT 5.1, which according to Bluetooth SIG, iPhones have had since their A13 Bionic chip.

2 Likes

I like the two to tango bit.
Good clarification for me, thanks.Chuck.

1 Like