GN Resound Smart 3D app

Just to say that I reported this issue to Resound and after asking me to try a couple of things, they have passed it on to the developers to be addressed in a future update.

2 Likes

I installed Smart Fit v1.12 and looked for any further firmware update available for my Quattro’s. Smart Fit offered none - and reports my firmware as v1.20.1.0 (not v1.20.10, as I previously wrote). Interesting that I’m running Windows 11 from the BETA MS Insiders channel. Smart Fit v1.12 works fine under that but has the “Windows 11 look,” as it should. Rounded corners and all that. I reran my feedback control and I may be mistaken. Either I have no regions in need of feedback control because I wear almost occlusive custom molds or else now, rather than showing potential feedback regions as descending gray protrusions from the MPO limit along each frequency region, Smart Fit just accordingly lowers the displayed MPO value at each frequency - haven’t figured out exactly what’s going on but now I have no greyed out displayed potential feedback regions whereas I did before, particularly for my right HA.

1 Like

Further update on Quattro firmware. Since my warranty is about to expire, my audi returned both Quattros to ReSound for repair or replacement as necessary. As always, ReSound returned completely new HA’s (I think they did reuse the shells on the bodies), wires and receivers, too.

The smartphone Smart 3D app said my HA firmware was up to date with v1.0.45. I asked my audi to doublecheck with her fitting software, which she said was Smart Fit v1.2. When she did, she found v1.20.1.0 of the HA firmware was available and she updated both HA’s. Her remark was all HA OEMs do this, even Phonak. They ship replacement HA’s that were made at some previous date with previous firmware and just expect the HCPs to do due diligence and check for an update and install it if one is available. Still a mystery to me why the smartphone app says I have the latest and greatest at firmware v1.0.45 while the fitting software disagrees! If numbering means anything, you’d think 1.20.1.0 vs. 1.0.45 is a big difference but maybe it’s a rather trivial difference not worth having users trying to update their HA firmware through a smartphone, better (safer) to have an HCP do it.

When I paid for my Phonak Naida (spice) in 2011 from a private audiologist.

Phonak shipped 2 x Naida both with 2011 serial numbers, one needed a firmware update and the other one didn’t.