GN Resound’s Danalogic Ambio S 98

I’ve now graduated to the most powerful of the Danalogic range of hearing aids. These are Smart aids that are Bluetooth audio enabled.
I have a Moto G13 phone (Android 13, updated) that supports the GN BeMore app for them. Everything connects perfectly but I cannot hear the phone’s voice calls only audio streaming and phone sounds etc.
The BeMore app states clearly…
Direct Audio Streaming
Congratulations! Your hearing aids now Support direct audio streaming from your android phone
…. You can listen to music or any other audio content from your android phone and make phone calls using your hearing aid.
Any idea why these don’t work for mobile phone voice calls?
TIA

The Moto G7 is listed as compatible in that list. I would guess the newer ones are also.

The S98 is a newer ReSound super power BTE.

You should be able to hear the audio from the phone calls on your hearing aids. You still need to talk using the phone in your hand. All ASHA protocol compatible Android users have this limitation.

The PhoneClip+ is a device you can wear that will give you full hands free.

I hope this helps. I am answering how I understand your question.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, it’s greatly appreciated.
I gather the Ambio 98 superpower BTE is equivalent to the ReSound Nexia hearing aid. I’m now trying to determine if Ambio 98 is functionally exactly the same as the Nexia. I’m wondering if the Ambio 98 has been defunctioned in any way for product differentiation.
It was suggested elsewhere that the only way I could get mobile phone calls to stream to the HA was by using the GN Phone Clip +. This would be very annoying if true as iPhone calls can be streamed without it.

Seems it can’t be, as no direct streaming, have to use the wireless accessories from ReSound as far as the website says, are these some NHS models?

1 Like

These are standard Resound accessories, some which are not relevant to Nexia.

Also in particular the TV streamer 2 is what they say to use with the Ambio whereas Nexia models use the newer LE Audio TV Streamer+ which uses Auracast.

2 Likes

I think the 98 is the same as the ReSound super power Enzo. The Nexia go up to the Nexia high power 88s. I do not think it is a “newer” model as I first wrote

1 Like

Yes, these Ambio 98 super powered hearing aids are issued by the NHS.
The ReSound ENZO super powered appears quite an old device.

NHS are known for handing out older hearing aids.

1 Like

It is not about the NHS. ReSound has not put out an updated super power BTE in a while. I have read about a lot of users wanting an update to the Enzos. It is currently the only ReSound option sadly.

1 Like

GN say my Ambio 98s are not the same as ENZOs but the casing is similar. The Manuel for the Enzo is very out of date referring to iPhone 5, etc. It’s a bit alarming that GN resound has got so behind with the superpower aids. I’ve only just been updated this month to the Ambio 98s superpower aids

I got updated to the Ambio Smart Aids in 2021, I think they appeared that year or possibly in 2020 but no doubt COVID delayed it’s mass roll out.

I think the Enzo 3D maybe more in line to the Ambio Smart as it’s got Binural Audio III with Spatial Sense.

I think the regular Ambio is probably based on the Enzo’s as it lacks several things from the Smart Aids aside from the Bluetooth streaming capability.

You are correct the Enzo is quite old and will hopefully be updated soon. But this model is still the most recent Resound for ultra power.

I use Apple not Android and there is an option under Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Audio Routing which turns on or off any streaming from audio calls or media playing. Perhaps your Android has something similar?