GN Hearing launches ReSound Nexia

Jim. ok thx … I will make sure to have it added and try it out

Flying: When you check it at a Gate, it’s a good idea to tell the staff person that you are HOH and require someone to tell you personally what’s going on (ie, any changes, and ‘board now’). I’ve always been very kindly received and they have followed through. I also ask for ‘early boarding’ and it’s always granted.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I have never even thought about asking. In recent times I travel with my family so it is not an issue, but I will certainly let them know if I am on my own in the future.

I have exactly the Programs you have, and in the same order, on my new Jabra Enhance Pro 10’s. Front Focus is a more robust version of “restaurant”, is my understanding. Frankly, I don’t go to restaurants any more, but I find lots of uses for Front Focus, even at a live piano stage concert recently.

1 Like

Does anyone remember how long after Resound Omnia came out that Costco had the Jabra Enhance Pro 10 available?

I’m wondering if the Nexia will come out in a Jabra version.

1 Like

I’ve just dumped my useless Signia for an Omnia9.
Now I see this Nexia has been announced I wonder if I’ve made a mistake.
I was told the Omnia was only available as rechargeable. I much prefer a battery as I’ve got to take the charger with me when I travel.
I’m also having trouble with echoing in a noisy environment as it’s larger than my previous RESound Lynx2 and doesn’t seem to fit as well. It’s a half shell style which I’ve had for years with my previous aids.
I’m on a 60-day trial so I could reject it and wait to see what the Nexia is like.

If you want the latest, yeah just return them and put in an order for the Nexia although I’m unclear if you’re wanting an ITE or RIC hearing aid. I’m pretty sure the Nexia will only be available as a RIC. Things like echo in a noisy environment are likely a settings issue and have little to do with the aids you choose.
More important than the aids is finding somebody who does a good job working with you to get the aids setup like you want.

Thanks.
I’ve always had an ITE but my audiologist said the half shell was only available in RIC so I went for that.
Apparently it’s bigger to house the battery.
I’ve had it adjusted for echoing but it’s made no difference.
I’ll go back and see the audiologist again.

If your audiologist told you that, you might question his advice. The Omnia is also available with size 312 and size 13 disposable batteries as well as the rechargeable. I wear the 962s with size 13 batteries.

Hearing aids ReSound - ReSound OMNIA - Hearing Aids
(scroll down the page, use the > bracket to scroll sideways on Omnia models)

Same deal for forthcoming Nexias:
Hearing aids ReSound - ReSound Nexia - Next-era hearing

I like the Omnias with the M&RIE receivers. Whether you can use those depends on your hearing loss and how occlusive a dome or mold you’re willing to wear. I wear ~totally occlusive custom ReSound molds and don’t mind the change in the sound of my voice between wearing/not wearing HA’s.

I mean this as a general comment to the world at large, not a response to anything you’ve said in this thread. But in a recent podcast on computer topics, one podcast host mentioned that some folks get so hung up on a negative that they can’t see all the benefits of the various positives that totally outweigh the negative. I think the same view could be applied to HA’s. The littlest bit of occlusion can be so bothersome that people will ignore the many benefits limiting hearing input to the sound from your receivers brings.

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. I’m in Wales, UK and our website is a more general view of the Omnia rather than specific styles.
However an independent aid site listing all manufacturers does show an Omnia 61 with 312 battery.
I’ll take that up with the audiologist.
I get what you mean about negatives. I spent years in MLM being told to concentrate on the positive side of things. The sound quality is excellent except for the echo I’m still getting. Hopefully I can get that sorted.

1 Like

I’m curious why manufactures start adding accelerometers to HA’s lol. It takes up unnecessary space.

1 Like

In the case of Signia they added it, supposedly, to track the environment/conditions you’re in, better. They also added useless health monitoring features.
Afaik it’s already integrated into SoC they got from their supplier.

Yeah a completely useless offering, and just as @Reginald mentiones the health monitors as well, they can’t think of anything else to offer I’m afraid, this is why AI is such a “buzzword” at the moment.

A number of HA wearers are elderly, frail people. An accelerometer can tell if your head experienced a serious deceleration (your head hitting the floor and knocking you unconscious with possible internal bleeding, etc.) and through a smartphone app have your phone call 911 and your emergency contacts or your assisted living facility caretakers, etc. So the addition of an accelerometer with monitoring features might be a decided plus for some people. Since I have a cardiac condition, I value the same functionality in my Apple Watch. With the watch, it asks me to confirm my status before it calls anyone. If I don’t answer within 30 sec, it will automatically place calls as I have directed (911 and emergency contacts). My iPhone (and watch?) will report my whereabouts to my emergency contacts, e.g., I’m put in an ambulance and taken to an EMS facility.

2 Likes

Maybe you are in a car? Or walking with someone. Knowing movement can help with program selection.

WH

can some one confirm wether this aurocast follows asha protocol or universal blutooth model

Well it’s completely new profile with new BT chip, it’s definitely nothing to do with ASHA, which is dead, LE Audio is the way now.
Read here.

3 Likes

can u please guide me, I was thinking to go for phonak lumity as only phonak supports laptops and andriod without streamer,

so now with this new technology like aurocast, will this support all laptops and Android mobile without streamer just like classic blutooth??!

When you have both HAs AND other devices with auracast, then you can get away without intermediate devices. Most laptops can’t do it yet. New ones soon maybe. But your old stuff will need a helper.

WH

1 Like

I think today is the release date. Anybody have them on order?