GN Hearing launches ReSound Nexia

I’m testing the first HAs (Omnia is one possibility) and I’m reading about Nexia like the Auracast platform, this possibility to connect PC, TV, MC and other platforms with a USB connection.
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transceiver-Transmitter-Monitoring-Smartphone/dp/B09Y8YFFGR?th=1

They are the first on the market

Hi Everyone! Looking for advice. Would it be worth waiting a few months for the Nexia to come out in a BTE model? Surely they will have one?

If you really want/need a BTE and you want LE Audio, waiting is currently your only option. Sharing your audiogram would give us an idea if you really need a BTE.

3 Likes

I have both and I would say it is true.

In case anyone missed it, SmartFit 1.17 was released a few weeks ago and the only thing I have noticed is that the Nexia is listed in the available models on the opening screen.

1 Like

Anyone have any ideas when the Nexia RIC models will roll into the VA contract? I’m currently wearing LiNX Quattros and am due for an upgrade. Very interested in Nexia and am prepared to wait for them as long as it’s not years. I did not upgrade to Omnia as it didn’t really seem like a big incremental change in performance or features.

The contract just rolled over at the beginning of the month. But I don’t know what models are on it. If they didn’t make it, likely have to wait until May. Call or secure message your audiologist on myhealthevet and ask. They would be in the best place to know where you have access to authoritative info.

WH

1 Like

Fun fact: one of the roller coasters at Dollywood cautions you to turn off your Apple watch because the accelerometer will trigger the emergency function.

1 Like

The monthly report only has the brand names on the spreadsheets so far as I have looked at it. And I don’t know where to find the contracts themselves. They are probably out there as well.

CSAS VA page

Click the report link in the middle of this page…

WH

1 Like

do you have any news on this subject?
thanks!

You mean the release date, Nexia has been around a few months now, global release is still rolling out for some places.

no, you said that you are going to check their smartfitt software to see if there are major improvements :innocent::crossed_fingers:

Oh sorry, yes I’ve seen them listed in SmartFit but in all honesty to check the “real” difference I’d need a pair, otherwise they are the same as Omina, I’m passing until I hear more reviews on hearingtracker before I make the leap myself, definitely smaller and a much improved battery and if course the big “selling point” new bluetooth chip LE Audio with Auracast.

1 Like

the battery is amazing, bro!

today Phonak died and also dried my android then I charged back my android to 100% and switched to Signia.
well? Signia after 8h of full streaming showed me 80% and my android was 65%.

• just love it

I had tried the no-vent mold with Phonak Paradise P90-RT. My own voice wasn’t a problem, but the feeling of totally cutting of acoustical environment and losing a situational awareness was…

Does FrontFocus is bilateral feature or may work in monaural hearing aid (I have Cochlear implant on the other ear)?

I have a Phonak Paradise P90-RT, but I have just compared the frequency response of its receiver (P) with those of Resound and Widex Moment, and I consider to try one of them…

When BTE is better option than RIC apart of excessive wax conditions? I though RICs can cover almost any fitting range…

Front focus works by using the microphones on both hearing aids and wireless to allow the signals from the two sides to be processed together.

So unfortunately it can’t work with a monaural hearing aid. I don’t think it could work between a monaural hearing aid and a cochlear implant.

1 Like

RIC can cover most fitting ranges but BTE does a better job with really profound losses. Also better battery life with 675 batteries.

1 Like

So it’s quite similar to StereoZoom in Phonak HAs. Thanks for answer.

It is as you say. I’ve just got answer from the cochlear engineer also.

For example, Naida, I understand.