Getting Rextons at Costco this week ..would like user input

Do you like them? Is the APP good? Also getting tv connector and partner mic,

Understand that Rexton is planning to update the software some day to use Bluetooth LE Audio with Auracast.

So my question is: is the TV adapter still going to work after the upgrade, and will they come out with a new one?

What is Rexton saying?

1 Like

IMHO, the Reach are excellent aids. The Streamline TV & Mic are simple to setup and they work well. The rechargeable batteries are the best in the business. I’ve never been below 50%, 16/18 hourdays with heavy TV and BT use. I only use the app for the Spatial control.

I have the Rexton Reach and love them, I have been using aids for 6 years. Bluetooth with iPhone is great and the app is better than the KS 10 and the Bernafon apps. Directional control with the app works much better than I expected and I use it in noisy places. Speech understanding is much better than my last aids. Battery life is amazing.

2 Likes

I am very interested in the Rexton Reach and will follow with interest your experiences. I currently wear the Phonak P90R’s and one feature I really like is the fact that I can connect simultaneously to both my iPhone and iPad. I have heard that the Reach’s can do that. Please let me know if that is true. Thanks

I have my Rexton Reach paired to two iphones and can control the aids with both.

1 Like

I agree that the app control beats the KS-10’s, but the call volume on my old KS-10’s was marvelous, while the REACH’s call volume is so low that I almost can’t even hear the caller.

The default value can be adjusted in Connexx to suit, ask your clinic to do this, otherwise you can just adjust the phone volume.

2 Likes

iPhone volume is at maximum. Plenty of volume in ear buds, but almost nothing in the REACH’s. Same lack of volume with podcasts. My KS-10’s had wonderful bluetooth volume.

Yeah sounds like you’ll need to see you clinic to get them to increase the default settings in Connexx.

I use Connexx and if you crank up the gain, the sound is absolute rubbish. Very thin. I love the sound of these for conversations, but for on the Bluetooth side, these sound terrible. Like I said, the KS-10’s sounded fantastic.

Yeah just turning up the volume just saturates the sound, so like when you tune for one program you can adjust the frequencies/ equaliser for streaming, try it and see if it helps.

I’m not talking about a gross gain adjustment. I am talking about an EQ gain adjustment. Not a lot of fidelity.

Connexx probably has the best software wise, I wonder which frequencies you are losing, are you using open domes or closed because with open you won’t get a lot of Bass anyway, but yeah you’d think you could made it a bit better, for my music I use PowerAmp from the Play store, made a big difference.

2 Likes

I find the bluetooth call volume on my Rexton Reach better than my KS10’s and also I hear from my friends that my voice to who I am calling is also great. Must be your bluetooth settings

1 Like

You might need more occlusive domes or molds.

Here are my bluetooth settings in Connexx 9

1 Like

The app is very good for adjusting volume and direction too

I already changed to Connexx Sleeves, which are the smallest vents without being completely occluded and I still can’t get the volume AND quality of sound that I used to have.

If you’re talking about streaming; if I rember correctly you have to increase volume range and steps in Connexx, it’s there somewhere.
Also, the streaming EQ isn’t easy to get right, it’s counterintuitive and don’t think about using it to raise volume.
It’s there mostly to offset your prescribed gain.

We have a very similar hearing losses. I also use Connexx, and it took me awhile to get it right.
You should look into DSLv5 adult fitting algorithm, as with default, the compression is making it very hard to get a decent range of loudness without distortions.
Especially with our steep curve.