Genie 2: change rationale for existing client?

A default rationale can be selected in Preferences, and will apply to new clients. But – unlike fitting software I’ve used for a couple of other HA brands – I don’t see any way to change the rationale for an existing client. Have I overlooked something?

You can change the fitting rationale in Tools “Programm Manager”
select the programm and choose the fitting rationale.

Unique and only available: Oticon Genie2 allowes to set different fitting rationales for each programm.

Genie 2 user guide

Program Manager
This tool lets you add, change and delete programs.
You can have up to four programs configured in an
instrument. Normally, this is used as part of the initial
settings when fitting a hearing instrument, and you can
modify the program template, prescriptive rationale and
personal profile of the user.

1 Like

Ah. My excuse is that there’s nothing in the application’s Help other than a list of Rationales and that one can be set in Preferences. In Program Manager it’s a dropdown menu for each program.

I don’t see a way to do any fine tuning for programs other than P1. If in Program Manager, with, say, P1 selected, you click on Fine Tuning it’ll be for P1, and if you go back to Program Manager P1 will be selected.

You could link/unlink the Fine Tuning between P1 and other existing programms P2,P3, P4 by activation/deactivation of the “Link” symbol ( lying / horizontal 8 symbol) between P1 and P2.

See picture in this thread here

1 Like

If you want to fine tune P2 you first need to separate (unlink) programms (see orange arrow #1)

Then select P2
Now you are able fine tune just the P2 programm.

If you need to fine tune just one side (eg. right side) you need to separate the left and right side (see orange arrow #2)

1 Like

OK, thanks – Now it looks like I could do instant A/B tests of rationales very easily, just by clicking a button on the aids!