Change default volume level using Oticon Genie2

Both my wife and I have Oticon OPN1 aids. Both of us find the default volume level too high. I’ve tried to figure out where in the Genie2 software one can adjust this but failed. Oddly, the standard program has both left and right ears at the same volume, but the other two programs (speech with noise, and music) have the right ear higher in volume. Where can I adjust this?

1 Like

If you are DIY - switch tables with digits to 14 or higher count of columns, select Low, Medium and High lines except MPO (select with mouse one corner and drag to other corner), and press “-” central button (between tables).

1. seperate the programms , by clicking on the two circles in program selector field
    the circles must be separated , that you can change only the program where you want to adjust the volume. If you don’t seperate the circles , the volume changes will be done in all programs simultaneously.
    Then select the program where you want to adjust the volume. In the picture P2 is selected.
    In your case it might be a different programm number for your programs “speech in noise”, and “my music”. Depending on your current setup.

2. seperate the left side from the right side, that you can change (reduce) volume only in the needed Right HA (red) side. If you don’t seperate the changes occure on both sides L & R

3. select all three Loud , Moderate and Soft (the three lines , except MPO )

4. press central button (minus) for reducing the volume

Thanks, I appreciate the details.

DIY question. To increase volume, do I adjust + for all 3 loud, moderate and soft

Well first you need to know what sounds you want to increase, it’s not a good idea to just increase everything across the board, if it’s soft sounds you want to increase you just click on that, drag your cursor right across the frequencies and click + or - depending on what you want to do.

Thank you. Issue is virtually no sound from HA in Right ear. (Changed wax guards, new speaker wires, battery good). Adjusting volume with iPhone L at 7 ok R 95 extreme low if any sound.

Any info on increasing volume in Right ear for above post would be appreciated.

Hi there, you need to confirm that the microphones are working, as you’ve done all the basic and your still not getting any sound out of it, so if you scratch/rub your finger over the microphone, can you hear it, what happens if you put the HA in your hand and then cover with the other, can you get it to kick into feedback?

Sounds like the receiver has failed.
Swap the left & right receivers and see if the problem follows.
If your receivers are sealed in an ear mold, you can use a paper clip to swap the receiver and wire to the shell.

The OP said he’d had new ones fitted.

OOOPPPSSS! That’s what I get for being careless, yes OP changed the speaker wires.
Sorry

All good, I mean that was the first thing I thought off initially, I think it’ll need to be sent off for the manufacturer to have a look at.

1 Like

Thanks for all of your attention. On removal of the HA I hear a musical charm, holding to my ear a scratching noise when finger rubs microphone, holding in closed fist I hear a continuous hum/echo sound. With receiver in canal if I plug same ear with my finger I discern an increase in sound. Double vent bass dome used. iPhone volume at 90. Tests with one HA in R ear. If these indications that the instrument is functioning what settings in Genie 2 would increase volume?

@Roger

Hi tenkan
Do you have any comments as to function of my R ear HA from tests suggested… I have seen Firenzel’s repeated responses.

Hi there, I can only conclude that there must be a fault, it’s certainly a strange situation, it’s confusing, as in I mean you have done the basics and still this persists?
As a last resort before sending in for repair, what about doing a complete new client and programming a new fit from scratch?