Fitting comparison for KS9 and Jabra Enhance (Resound One)

Careful with this. I have Resound Quattro’s, with a local Audi and when I save my fitting into the aids I no longer have the ability to use their remote fitting. Even if I restore from their original fitting that I’ve saved. You can tell by the function to request remote assistance no longer shows up in the app.

However, you can go back to Audi/Costco and they can update your aids.

I’m probably getting the Jabra’s soon, and am thinking I may not do my own programming on them, mainly. Due to my Costco being a hour and a half away.

Why not, you must enable this in the fitting for it to work, so you could do this while you are programming them, right?

What do they update? Can’t you do this yourself when you have SmartFit.

I’ve not been able to turn back on the ability to have my Audi do remote updates. I can turn on the ability to check for and download firmware updates via My profile \ Resound assist.

Maybe I’m not doing something I could be?

Missed this in my reply above. I believe they can do it because they actually log into the resound / smartfit cloud…. And as a non professional I can’t.

I had the experience above of everything sounding tinny and harsh with Jabra M&RIE on the All Around program but not the Restaurant program. I went back to the audiologist today. She changed a setting in the All Around program from Omnidirectional to M&RIE. I don’t know why this wasn’t the selection in the first place. It made a huge difference. The sound is much improved. Not tinny or harsh.

I’ve updated to smart fit 1.12 yesterday. Not much seems to have changed. I agree with Saber - I changed to m&rie because I wanted to have wind noise blocking in the all around (which the other doesn’t have). There are quite a few features in there I need to spend some time with.

Where do you download the smart fit from and how do I know which version?
I have the Jabra Pros from Costco.
Too new to be tweaking on my own, but would like that option as I get more experience.
Thx !

Sent message with link.

@texxasguy when you install the software my suggestion is to create two patients. I made one and called it costco copy. I uploaded the config from the HA, saved and exited. Now I have the default. Then I created another to make changes.

Btw - I changed the all access setting to m&rie (it’s in the settings) so it now has wind noise and added ultra focus as that one is great for restaurants and such…

garyh…thanks for the link! I’m sure I’ll be back here with lots of questions.

janofh…thanks for the tips. I don’t have the mic in ear Jabra. Costco fitter said it was not appropriate for my hearing loss.
Anyway, glad there are good folks here wiling to help a newbie!!

Absolutely! I pretty new myself as I’ve only had aids about 2 months, however, I have always been big on modding stuff myself so got a noahlink for myself to adjust my aids :grin:. My wife just looked at me and shook her head :rofl:

3 Likes

I know that look. It’s the "I’m sure you buy technology to use, but enjoy hacking it much more. I just got the Jabra aids. First fitting was terrible. Second coming up on Tuesday and this time I’m going in with a week of reading this forum, which has been remarkably helpful.
Noahlink ordered.

I have Jabra Enhanced Pro PM, M&RIE rechargeable
Installed Smart Fit v1.17 last night. My first questions are on the instrument selection in Smart Fit
I’ve read that the Jabra aids are rebadged ReSound ONE aids, but:

• ReSound ONE appears in instrument selection as three models 9, 7, &5, each with three options.
  • None of the model/option matrix has the M&RIE receiver choice.
    I’m not seeing how to configure Smart Fit instrument selection to accurately match the Jabras with M&RIE.
    Do I have the right version of Smart Fit?

I know with Costco Phonak Brio and the KS10, the Aids aren’t in the list on the software, they are only shown, once you hit connect, then it’ll come up.

What zebras said :). I actually have the jabras listed after pairing them once although it still always says the HA are not listed but you can make changes and save them anyway.

Although on a side note - the latest version I see is 1.12 so hoping 1.17 is just a typo?

Yes, it’s SmartFTP v1.2. Apologies.
Sounds like I need to wait until the Noahlink arrives from the PRC.

Jabra Hearing Aids are programmed using the same ReSound Smart Fit software. They do not show up on the menu. until you wirelessly connect the hearing aids to the software using a Noahlink Wireless or other compatible device. I bought one new on ebay for $150. Once the hearing aids are detected, they will self populate on the screen when you click on Connect. Be sure to turn off Bluetooth on your phone if you are using the Jabra App,

1. Open SmartFit
  2. Set up a patient and enter the audiogram and Save.
  3. Select Fit Patient.
  4. Plug in the Noahlink Wireless to the USB port. (No separate Noahlink software is needed.)
  5. Click on Connect in the upper right corner.
  6. You Jabras should appear on screen.
2 Likes

Much appreciated! I hadn’t anticipated the self population but it makes perfect sense to prevent user error on instrument selection. The software looks well designed, and I’m looking forward to a little exploration.

Be careful on the default check boxes as you explore or you will lose your programming and start new.