Fitting comparison for KS9 and Jabra Enhance (Resound One)

garyh…thanks for the link! I’m sure I’ll be back here with lots of questions.

janofh…thanks for the tips. I don’t have the mic in ear Jabra. Costco fitter said it was not appropriate for my hearing loss.
Anyway, glad there are good folks here wiling to help a newbie!!

Absolutely! I pretty new myself as I’ve only had aids about 2 months, however, I have always been big on modding stuff myself so got a noahlink for myself to adjust my aids :grin:. My wife just looked at me and shook her head :rofl:

3 Likes

I know that look. It’s the "I’m sure you buy technology to use, but enjoy hacking it much more. I just got the Jabra aids. First fitting was terrible. Second coming up on Tuesday and this time I’m going in with a week of reading this forum, which has been remarkably helpful.
Noahlink ordered.

I have Jabra Enhanced Pro PM, M&RIE rechargeable
Installed Smart Fit v1.17 last night. My first questions are on the instrument selection in Smart Fit
I’ve read that the Jabra aids are rebadged ReSound ONE aids, but:

• ReSound ONE appears in instrument selection as three models 9, 7, &5, each with three options.
  • None of the model/option matrix has the M&RIE receiver choice.
    I’m not seeing how to configure Smart Fit instrument selection to accurately match the Jabras with M&RIE.
    Do I have the right version of Smart Fit?

I know with Costco Phonak Brio and the KS10, the Aids aren’t in the list on the software, they are only shown, once you hit connect, then it’ll come up.

What zebras said :). I actually have the jabras listed after pairing them once although it still always says the HA are not listed but you can make changes and save them anyway.

Although on a side note - the latest version I see is 1.12 so hoping 1.17 is just a typo?

Yes, it’s SmartFTP v1.2. Apologies.
Sounds like I need to wait until the Noahlink arrives from the PRC.

Jabra Hearing Aids are programmed using the same ReSound Smart Fit software. They do not show up on the menu. until you wirelessly connect the hearing aids to the software using a Noahlink Wireless or other compatible device. I bought one new on ebay for $150. Once the hearing aids are detected, they will self populate on the screen when you click on Connect. Be sure to turn off Bluetooth on your phone if you are using the Jabra App,

1. Open SmartFit
  2. Set up a patient and enter the audiogram and Save.
  3. Select Fit Patient.
  4. Plug in the Noahlink Wireless to the USB port. (No separate Noahlink software is needed.)
  5. Click on Connect in the upper right corner.
  6. You Jabras should appear on screen.
2 Likes

Much appreciated! I hadn’t anticipated the self population but it makes perfect sense to prevent user error on instrument selection. The software looks well designed, and I’m looking forward to a little exploration.

Be careful on the default check boxes as you explore or you will lose your programming and start new.

Hello Sir, can I get that link as well?

Welcome to the forum, sure but don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for your DIY projects.

1 Like

Hello. New to the forum and seems like everyone is really helpful here. I recently had an ear problem (Acute Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss). After many tests and having been fitted to a Jabra Enhance Pro from Costco. I noticed that the audiologist used the CS SmartFit 1.17 app to make tweaks to the device. Wondering if I can get the app to make changes myself. The most annoying feature right now is the volume of the “beeps” after making a change in the HA app.

Would be very appreciative if someone can guide me on where to get the SmartFit app. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum, great your giving DIY projects a go, it’s not too hard and SmartFit is easy enough to navigate, you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for any DIY projects.