Earmolds and venting

I have J1000 soft silicone Half shell Carved earmolds, they are extremely comfortable and fit very well along with having the right amount of occlusion for me. They have more of a matte/fuzzy? Texture aka they are not glossy. My only issue with them is after a while of wearing them the molds start to slip out of my ears and when I take them out I have to wipe them because they are almost slightly sweaty, I’m not sure if it’s earwax or sweat but it doesn’t bother me too much besides being a little annoyed at having to wipe Them down a few times a day. I do use a dry caddy at night.

I wear full shell ear moulds. It’s normal for them to get sweaty. Mine do, but they shouldn’t be working there way out your ear.

Good to know, they don’t pop out of my ears but do need to be pushed back in a bit I’m assuming that is because they do get sweaty though.

1 Like

Even with full shell earmold, l have to take it out twice a day to let my ear canals dry. If the aids are covered with sweat, l wipe them and put in my hearing aid dryer. If working in very humid conditions, l would use a hearing aid cover. I don’t wear my aids when it’s raining even with my hat on.

Your ears probably sweat because of the silicone material. Have you tried hard resin/acrylic? I have had problems with earmolds most of my childhood life but hard acrylic is the only material that does not cause sweating and I can wear all day. However one thing that is does not sound right is them migrating out of your ears. Sounds like you need another refit.

I have very sweaty ears with silicone ear moulds.

If I had your hearing loss, I would happily get hard ear moulds as they don’t stain, not as sweaty and they last so much longer so cheaper in the long run.

I believe the difference between the pricing was only about 10 dollars difference, sorry I probably should have used better descriptions for them moving out of my ears. When they come out it’s barely any movement but just enough I need to lightly press them back I. Which it’s maybe a mm or two.

I meant cheaper in the long run as hard ear moulds can last 10 years where’s silicone ear moulds only really last around 1 year to 1 1/2 years max.

I will say with the silicone it’s substantially more comfortable then domes maybe in the future I’ll try the acrylic but probably not right now since I just spent the 150$ on the molds and that would be a lot of money to get new ones.