Dome size

Is there an easy way to tell what size of Powerdomes I have? They are Phonak brand ones. I know I wear the smallest Siemens one and not sure if I have the small or large size Phonaks at the moment. I am hoping there is another smaller size because I’m having terrible trouble with them. The hearing aids are great, but I cannot tolerate the domes, one ear is now bleeding so another solution is urgent else I may have to give up on the whole brand, which would be a real shame.

Finding something which doesn’t make holes in my skin is always a challenge. :frowning: Seeing the audi soon but wondering if there was anything I could see or measure on the domes to see if they are big or small.

You can measure the diameter with a ruler that has centimeters and millimeters. My ruler has inches on one side and centimeters on the other but the centimeteres are broken down into millimeters although not labeled as such. Are they “double-domes”? If so each dome might be a different size, like 8/10 or 10/12. If I remember, the smallest Siemens dome is 6mm.

Rose, the approximate diameter across the wide, open end of Phonak power domes is:-

Small - 10.5mm; medium - 12mm; large - 13mm

Hope this helps to determine which size you have.

Gilbert

Thx, do you squash the dome flat to measure it or do you measure it across in the curved position? Its total diameter is presumably a lot bigger than the size it makes when it’s shaped.

Keep the dome as round as possible (Don’t squeeze it at all). Just sit it on a ruler with the open end down and make the best estimate you can for its total diameter.

Gilbert

Definitely the smallest ones. Can’t imagine it’s possible to have ears any bigger than that, but guess i must have really teeny tiny ears! Going to get some custom tips made, fingers crossed.

Can’t tell what size domes are, but these are but they’re way too big… are three a large??

@user411

They look large. My power domes are small.

Ya, i know… didn’t realize how wayy to big they were until they were killing my ears, let alone extremely hard to put it