Does Target recognize rebranded HA?

If a particular model has been rebranded with another name, but the hardware is the same as the original model, does Target correctly recognize it?
Going specifically: a well-known international chain has rebranded Phonak Marvel models, so they have their own custom logo and smartphone app.
When connected to Target these HAs appeared with their customized name and not with their original name. I tried at home to check on Target 6.2 if those names were present in the list of the various models that can be managed but were not present. I strongly suspect that the HAs will not be recognized as their name does not match. Probably the Target version used by the audi despite being the usual 6.2 is a customized version containing the rebranded models. Does anyone have experience in this regard?

It’s a crap shoot. One pattern (with Costco) is different for different manufacturer’s. Click my Avatar and then click the link within. Then you can scroll down to find;
LIST#1 Costco Hearing Aids:

The Phonks Brio models don’t show up until you use the Detect feature. Others are locked real tight.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=rebrand

In my case I know very well which model corresponds (Marvel M90). The question is: will Phonak Target correctly recognize the HAs or not having them in its predefined list will refuse to recognize them?

Yes, I got that from you OP. Phonak can answer your question. But they wont.

I think it boils down to does Amplifon use stock Target software or do they have it customized for their own use only. If it’s stock software, it should recognize the aid. If they use customized software, there’s a good chance the aids would be “locked,” meaning you need the customized software to program them. Only way to really know is to try it as getting reliable answers could be a challenge.

Did you see this at the fitting?
If you did, it very well could be like PVC’s situation with his Brio aids.

The Target UI is identical and I see no other difference. So there is a chance with the “detect” function…

There is an installation code for Amplifon in Target.

I extracted a full list of brands requiring codes from Target, these being:

Phonak (code “Phonak”, the default for Target installations), Lapperre, NHS, Costco, AudioNova, VA, Amplifon, and ArgosyBrand

These brands would need their respective unlock codes to be provided at Target’s installation time in order to correctly populate it’s database of available hearing aids. Also worth noting that Target leaves behind the brand in the registry if you un-install it, so that will need manually removing if converting from install code “Phonak” to one of the others.
Sometimes the aids end up in the default database regardless but aren’t shown - these would be the ones that show up when you use “detect”.

1 Like

Hi, any update on this topic? I mean how do you use the “detect” option or how do you install target with the code? Thanks.