Amplifon Resound aids

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has Amplifone fitting software for their Resound hearing aids. I tried with Smartfit for Resound, can’t connect them.
Initially, Smartfit provided serial numbers but could not connect. Then asked for aids restart, and now won’t even give these serial n=numbers. So, I guess I need Amplifon software.

Isn’t this brand “locked” as in you’ll need a code to “unlock” before being able to program them, check this out before trying to do anything further.

When connecting aids, I was not asked any code. Still, I can get their serial numbers, but nothing else

Yeah that’s strange alright,did you try rebooting the HAs and PC, what is the exact model you have?
Maybe ReSound Aventa version is what you need, but I’m sure I read they were locked. Amplifone sell most of the major brands “rebranded” it would be surprising if they could be programmed without issue.

Edit: I did find this post.

@MilosDj If it’s anything like Phonak, it didn’t prompt for a code, it just won’t connect but will also show serial numbers. For Phonak, you have to type in the code whiles in the process of installing the software, so it might be the same with your current software?

Hi Zebras,
Thank you for your input. It could be the reason when it comes to these rebranded aids, but I had original resound aids and could access them with my software without any code. The same software, without any prompt for a code during the installation process. So, if there is any need for a code, it could be related only to the aids, not to the software. I also have Phonak software, and so far have used it without any code, or prompt, or whatever.

Yes this is because the ReSound software is made directly for ReSound HAs and not the rebranded models.

Actually both, you enter the code in the software and then get the required handshake for reading the HAs.

Yes but that’s for Phonak HAs right, if your using ones from NHS you’ll need a code.

1 Like

I am trialing some Resound Ones from Amplifon which they had to get in specially for me and it seems that they have sold so few of those in the last year that the Resound One Premium charger isn’t even listed in Amplifon’s internal ordering system, so I still don’t have it yet after two weeks from picking up the Ones.

I think if you want to self-program then you should not buy from Amplifon unless they will sell you unbranded hearing aids.

@MilosDj Yes you can use the Phonak software without entering a code because you’re not using locked Phonak Aids.