Does Phonak Marvel have Find My Hearing Aids feature?

Does Phonak marvel have built in system for locating a lost hearing aid?

I am pretty sure they do NOT.

I don’t think HAs would benefit from GPS technology. If you need to find them they would be in your ears. If they’re not in your ears they are likely, or should be, turned off.

I’ll follow up on this thread. Apps for Made for iPhone hearing aids seem to have the Find My Hearing Aid feature, but I agree the MyPhonak app does not. Anybody know if apps for ASHA (Android Streaming-Hearing Aids) phones have the feature? I’m assuming the hearing aids would need be turned on and still have some charge in the batteries for it to work? Is there any reason this would be easier to do with Made for iPhone?

Here’s the Starkey Thrive app instructions for Find My Hearing Aids:
The Find My Hearing Aids feature allows you to track the last known physical location of
your hearing aids on a map. When the Find My Hearing Aids feature is accessed, you will see
a map view with a note showing the location where your hearing aids were last connected.
If your hearing aids are actively connected (or become connected), the bars on the bottom of
the screen will animate to indicate how close or far away you are from your hearing aids.

And, since you can geotag a location and create a custom memory for it, the Starkey Livio AI and Edge Livio AI do use your smartphone GPS technology, if you allow it to.

1 Like

For aids lost in the flat, you can install any ‘find my BT device’ app on any android for finding marvel/paradise aids, and of course they have to be turned on and paired to the phone, not sure if they have to be connected, think not.

None works perfectly, all rely on playing warm-cold.

Since mfi isn’t gps nor aids have it, nor gps would work indoors, from what I’ve gathered it’s also simple measuring of signal strength. Eg asha or not, should work the same.

That is, for the case ‘I lost them in my flat’ as opposed to what @gcyr42 described, which is when app remembers history of your movement with phone and last connection with aids. That also doesn’t need mfi, just an app with gps permission active and implemented, I mean, it’s not iphone unique thing, it’s just what they included in the app or not.

Eg no reason why phonak didn’t do it, they could if they wanted. But they would have to write it from scratch.

I guess mfi could be just built in solutions so aids manufacturers doesn’t have to implement that feature, eg less man hours on app development if you use what’s already there.

On the other side, maybe there’s ‘find my BT device’ app with gps enabled. Didn’t searched for that, just ordinary one and it’s okish, gives you ballpark in which part of the room they are.

Mine don’t. But if I can’t find them I usually end up checking for them in the washing machine. Don’t ask