Do phonak naida paradise UP hearing aids have two receivers?

Someone else mentioned on another thread that these aids have two receivers (speakers).
I can’t find any information about this on the net.

Yes it does. A little research on line will tell you that. Double receivers

Thanks. I had looked at the pdf but apparently I overlooked the information
I feel the power of the UP hearing aids. I previously wore SP hearing aids.
There is a difference.
Is this double receiver thing a new improvement? I mean older UP aids had this feature?

@eyesgreendeaf No idea, perhaps @Zebras can help you.
If you can try the new Naida Paradise UP you will be able to feel the difference, then you will be able to make a decision.
Marvel is a previous platform and Paradise is a recent platform on the severe to profound hearing losses, so there will be differences, but it’s only you who can feel the differences by trying and comparing them in real life situations.

1 Like

It’s a new feature of the Naida Paradise UP.

From my understanding, older UPs didn’t have this feature.

Someone on this forum said only the P70 and P90 UP has the double receiver but I believe the P30 and P50 do in fact have them Altho I might be corrected?

1 Like

Thanks. Judging from my hearing with P30 aids and hearing a lot of bass sounds via bluetooth, I do think that my aids have double receivers

It might be because between the SP and UP Aids, UP are louder in the lows anyway but I’m not an expert.

You may be right. I think differences between UP levels are more of software than hardware .

@eyesgreendeaf

I’m rubbish at explaining but even tho your audiogram fits the SP, sounds are more compressed because there isn’t as much room left in the SP, as the UP.

I was told by the hospital based on my audiogram, that if you are at the bottom of the fitting range for a HA, you should always go to the next Power level. Once you’re at the bottom of a UP Aid then there isn’t more powerful Aids but there is a CI.

(This was talking about BTE Aids. I literally don’t have much knowledge about RIC Aids. I also don’t know what one should do when their loss is a ski slope.)

1 Like

You explained it very well.

yeah,I had 2 choices, UP speaker or a HP speaker at the time of getting resound quattro but we decided that HP while it was fine for my current hearing loss and it won’t give me enough headroom for future loss…

I guess that’s a good thing about RIC Aids, you can swap receivers over, if needed.

I originally bought the marvels because that was all that was available. They came in a sp version. When the paradise came out in up I was shocked by the difference. But that’s my experience and shouldn’t be assumed that it will be that way for everyone.

1 Like

I asked this to the phonak support and they replied. All the UP models have double receiver

Thank you for your email.

Yes, Phonak Naida P-UP hearing aids has double receiver fitted. You can find the details in the pg no 10 of our below technical data sheet.

Kind regards,
Your Sonova Apps Team