DIY - How to Self Program the Signia Pure 13 BT Primax

There are two methods of programming the Signia Pure 13 BT Primax hearing aids.

1. Wireless programming with the Noahlink Wireless programmer
  2. Wired programming with (mini Pro/Hi Pro), CS44 cables and Programming Adapters/Pills

For both methods (wired and wireless programming) you will need the current version of Connexx fitting software.

Wireless Programming:
The Noahlink Wireless programming device can be used to program the hearing aids wirelessly. [color=red]Caution: Signia requires a wired programmer to perform Firmware updates to the hearing aids. Thus, if you want the convenience of programming these wirelessly then you will also need access to a wired programming device for hearing aid Firmware Updates.[/color]

The Noahlink Wireless device is connected to your computer via USB;

Wired Programming:
Scroll down to see all the steps for connecting the Signia Pure 13 BT Primax to a wired programming device.

This is my USB mini Pro. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mini Pro is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My mini Pro, without me, is useless. Without my mini Pro, I am useless. :smiley:

Cable to connect mini Pro/Hi Pro to your PC

Standard CS44 Programming Cables (same as Oticon Programming Cable #3)

Closeup of CS44 Programming Cable

Programming Adapters/Pills:
On Page 116 in the this link (Product-portfolio-catalog_2017-03.pdf), near the bottom of the second column titled “Pure 13 BT primax” it says Programming adapter cable size 13 or Noahlink Wireless. So if you’re going to program this with a wired programmer you will need a size 13 Programming adapter also called a programming pill which has a pill on the end. The pill is the size of a battery, thus you need size 13 for this hearing aid. You insert the pill into your battery compartment to make electrical conductive contact as shown below;

Pay attention to alignment when you connect the CS44 cables to the Programming Pills. The CS44 cable has a red dot that aligns with a red dot on the Programming Pill connector for visual alignment. There is also physical indentations that will only allow the cable to be connected in the correct orientation. Here’s some pictures to show the correct orientation. The pictures are with Flexstrips (not programming pills) but the orientation is the same as programming pills.

Sorry that I don’t have a picture of this last programming pill connection. It’s because I don’t have any Signia Pure 13 BT Primax hearing aids. Here’s a picture of the programming/adapter/pills. These are the wrong size (not size 13) but you can get the gist;

2 Likes

As always pvc…awesome. Nice touch with the CS44 = Oticon cable #3 note in particular.

We need to find out how Signia plans to handle their hearing aid Firmware updates? Why, you may ask?

Let’s pretend that you want to invest in a Noahlink Wireless programming device. If Signia cannot perform hearing aid Firmware updates wirelessly (like Oticon Opn) then you would also need a wired programming device for Firmware updates.

I found this pic for anyone’s interest. Maybe the general diy guide?

1 Like

I have confirmed that Signia will require a wired device for firmware upgrade. There are benefits of wireless while programing. I will probably use wireless and go to the shop for the infrequent firmware updates.

1 Like

Thanks! Did the confirmation come from your Audi? Signia?

From the Audi, but also stated in Connexx 8.4.

1 Like

I am using the NoahLink Wireless now with Connexx 8.4. Seems to work fine. Realize I can’t do firmware, but that is OK. I still use Audi help using TeleCare. So far so good. Cannot do firmware upgrades with TeleCare. Need the old hard wire Hi-Pro, which I don’t have. Need to know when there is a firmware upgrade. How do we find out?