DIY - How to Self Program the Phonak Marvel Audéo M

F you pvc! I’m not even talking to you. I’m trying to help the other user.

I doubt that the other user will feel helped by your English language correction.

And who are you to judge how helpful a post might be to someone else? Hmm?
And so we’re still clear on this…you don’t own this forum or category.

Please don´t help me. :man_student:
I think, other readers understand my very very bad english.

Alrighty then. Thanks for the feedback. Your English is excellent. And yes we can all generally get what non-native writers are saying. Until something comes out ambiguous due to specific words used.

So does Target have the telecoil models in now or not?

Maybe Telecoil models coming in February.

I’ve read all the information about Phonak HA fitting, I found the links to buy HiPro interfaces but I couldn’t find any link to buy a Noah wireless device.

They are on eBay, at least they were a few days ago when I looked.

I just ordered one, supposedly it will be to my place next week. ( from Ebay seller)

Thanks, I’ll look around :+1:

No it wont work. Your Audiologist is the one with a phonak account, not you.

You should start a new thread for your quest about how to program hearing aids without using a programming device. Tacking these pie-in-the-sky machinations onto the back of our How To threads will likely confuse future readers.

Here’s some suggested topic-names for your new thread;

• How can I dupe the idiots at Phonak into giving me a free PhonakPro account?
  • How can I simulate a fitting session (without a programming device) and save it into a client database?
  • Who will help me recover my ability to change my settings if I lose my free PhonakPro account at some point in the future?

Just please take it to a separate thread. Maybe later, after you get your hearing aids programmed using your smartphone then I will eat my hat for you, or whatever other punishment you feel would be just compensation for my skepticism of your rain dance idea.

So, you were right @pvc.
Programming with smartphone only is technically doable, but for the moment is restricted for Phonak direct customers only (PronakPro account is not enough). Hope Phonak will enable it in the future.
I have deleted my previous posts from this thread to avoid readers confussion.
I finally bought Noahlink Wireles for €100 only from Amparex and am happy with this.

1 Like

Hi Everyone…

I got Marvels a few weeks ago and got the Phonak Target 6.02 off Torrent and bought a Noahlink Wireless off of eBay for $200.

I’ll admit, I loved the marvels for Streaming and Phone calls, but was somewhat disappointed with them as hearing aids – they did help in conference room settings at work but otherwise were pretty bad – quiet spoken language in my house was harder to hear than w/o having them in, and at a tradeshow my ears were ringing afterwards because it was so loud and uncomfortable.

I was just thinking…this can’t be right with all the technology in these things…?

So I decided to connect them and downloaded the profile in the hearing aide, and the audiogram did not appear to be mine – at first I figured maybe they adjusted it for some reason, but they had the right ear with less loss, when my left ear had slightly less loss – so something was definitely wrong.

Since my audiologist is on vacation, I took the plunge and entered in my own audiogram data reset the hearing aids, and did the in ear calibration myself – and wow what a difference. They work great now!!!

I’ll be having an interesting discussion with my audiologist when I return…

Other changes I made – I enabled the long button down mute and added a few manual programs to try out. The music one makes a difference from audiosense (auto).

But my sounds are all default (generated) for my audiogram…

I’d love to trade notes via PM with anyone else that has tweaked theirs.

dw

2 Likes

I had a similar experience with Unitron Moxi Alls from an online vendor. The aids were supposed to be pre-programmed to my audiogram, but they arrived with receivers unattached and without color markings. Instead of realizing right away that the aids weren’t programmed at all, I wondered how the vendor expected me to know which side was which. :confounded:They actually sounded OK, but pairing and volume controls were wonky. No matter, I had it all figured out within a couple hours and am enjoying the empowerment of being able to make my own adjustments.

Next stop, HAs for my wife. The lousy ZPower battery system on the Moxis have made me unlikely to buy anything else Unitron, so I’ll probably try Marvels for her.

Thanks again to all the DIY posters here.

I have recently purchased some M50R and have had similar questions concerning their programming.
While I like the Bluetooth connection to my Android, I’m not very impressed with their performance as HA’s
Any chance you could rent out your Noahlink and walk me through programming them.??

fiberdigger,

I would recommend just getting a Noahlink on eBay for $200, because you can sell it for the same later or keep it.

Then I can help you with the programming…but realize that I am not an audiologist :slight_smile: However, they had them programmed wrong enough to cause my ears to ring, and even I wouldn’t make that mistake…

But you can do this…

1. Create account for you in Target, and when you first connect hearing aids, load fitting from hearing aids. Then save the session so you have it backed up.

2. I did all my messing around under another user, but I don’t think you have to do this…but what I did was…

0a) Create new fitting
0b) Enter correct audiogram info manually
0c) Make sure Acoustic Parameters are set right (this is type of in ear piece, etc, very important)

1. Do Feedback and real ear test
  2. Accepted all defaults (big changes were whistleblock and SoundRecover2 were turned on when I did it, audiologist had them turned off). I plan to turn SoundRecover2 off and see how I like it.
  3. Add any extra programs, and tweak Devices Options (for example, I enabled hold button down to mute hearing aids).
  4. Save and close, making any session notes.

PM me if you want more info…

dw

1 Like

I got one for $205 in eBay.
Where is the best site to get the software ?

Hi, please reply, I have asked my audi to reprogram my Marvel M30R. But as he tried with icube 2 the Hearing aid not detacted by target.

Please confirm wheather icube2 is compatible with marvel or not.