DIY - How to get started with self-programming

Lest the above user forgets, he does not own any rights to his content. Once posted, it belongs to the host. He has zero ownership of it all. Zero rights to assert. He disappeared. The content was re-posted because he had tried to intentionally bury it under dozens of edits.

1 Like

The notes in the original post say Costco sold hearing aids are often locked, and then the ones locked are shown in RED below, but I see no red ones. I’m worried that some of the regular brands like Phonak if sold by Costco will be locked. If this is the case, how can one easily (without trying to program them) tell if they are locked?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob, don’t worry as PVC says nothing from Costco is locked, all the latest from Costco are perfectly fine to do DIY programming.

1 Like

quote from PVC’s previously post which he stunt-deleted:

“Look at the revisions to the OP/Original post atop this topic to see where my PVC name/authorship was removed”

For the record: since PVC keeps harping on this “authorship removal” thing, even going so far as to make an absurd accusation of plagiarism, I’ll break my silence on the history and state the facts.

PVC did some good work on the forum, but some time ago deleted many posts, taking his ball and running off home as it were. I copied and re-posted some of the removed material and gave PVC credit. Then he started messaging me with unsolicited advice and commentary. I ignored that and all his other weirdness. Nevertheless the behavior became increasingly childish, including turning his avatar upside down, changing it to 86, and even using my dust-cloud avatar as his own for a day. Apparently his antics caused the moderators to take some action to stop the drama. One of PVC’s claims was that the re-posted material constituted some sort of liability for him, so I removed his name. But it remains clearly described as “copy-paste of archive material.” Eventually PVC returned with his “school” and I was happy to see him doing good work again.

2 Likes

And yet again this user fails to grasp the concept that he does not own his content here. The host does. He has no standing to claim ownership.
But, like with the other thread, this one will get locked and he wins. And he knows it.
If he could demonstrate some decency and respect for those that stayed around helping people rather than slagging all over their efforts upon their return from fiddling with clocks then maybe there wouldn’t have been any push back on him.

Thread necros happen all the time in every forum everywhere. You can bet a forum talking about fiddling with old clocks does this too. Sometimes wording and search terms work for some people. So they find old threads and the thread may still be useful to them.
When the thread gets locked, that user has no way to interact with what they found. That’s a detriment to them.

1 Like

Dude, you can have all of this old obsolete gibberish for yourself. I don’t want to own this! Please take it. Put it under your pillow at night. Are we clear that I don’t want to own/possess this obsolete thread?

But don’t expect me to ignore it when a newbie comes along and thinks that this old obsolete gibberish is legitimate. You should not post another persons content, period! It’s silly. This is what happens.

Yes they do have a way to interact with what they found;
For DIY Help 24/7; Click any PVC Avatar; and then click PVC’s Featured Topic; which will help you find download links to (Free Fitting Software) and other DIY School Help.

The above user seems to be saying his claimed content is gibberish. I see. Yet they seem to think they own all their content…new or old.
Again…“another person” does not OWN the content posted here. Anybody can do whatever they like with posted content. Only the host has any rights to it.

I don’t want to own it. You must have miss what I said?

By the rantings of the above user they are claiming some kind of ownership to all their content new or old. Otherwise why would they be ranting about others posting it?

Well Hurry up; I don’t have all day;
c1

Yet more demonstration of this rude, obnoxious member.

Ranting? Look in the mirror;
c2

Again, look in the mirror.

1 Like

I think I’m the one being civil and decent. You drag me down to your awful level of incivility. And you and I both know what’s going to happen to this thread and/or posts in it. It’s entirely your intention.
It’s always about deflection with you. Never any personal responsibility.

1 Like

Current quote from PVC: “I don’t want to own this”

Previous quote from PVC: “this thread was not the only instance of plagiarism of my DIY topics”

Huh? You don’t want to own what you accused someone of stealing?

Previously, in a fit of pique, you took a blowtorch to your posts. Had you not done that then this thread wouldn’t exist. This would be a good time to explain what that was all about and apologize for it. Might as well explain what the hell the plagiarism accusations were all about and apologize for being dead wrong about that as well.

“civil and decent”, Now that there is funny. :rofl:

Only to those that constantly demonstrate rude and obnoxious behavior. They can’t grasp what being a decent, civil human is.

Yes that is correct. I do not want to own what I accused you of stealing? You know why? It goes obsolete if you don’t maintain it. Like this thread full of old obsolete gibberish.

What you two don’t understand is that a Topic that explains DIY self programming requires maintenance. You cannot just let it sit, otherwise it will be explaining how to self program hearing aids that are maybe a decade old. What good is that? Besides the old HAs are already explained in DIY School along with the new.

Another thing you two have missed. I have always destroyed my old threads when I create new. Even cszoom1 blasted me for that and tried to convince the “new forum owner” about how bad I am for deleting something. Here’s a link: Looking for a nEARcom - #4 by pvc

I survived cszoom1 (a Professional Shill) and so did my DIY threads. I will survive you two and the DIY School is thriving.

So Chill!! Don’t try to control me or my content. I can get by just fine without your helpful re-posting of my content. btw> Do you recall the long-ago message to you when I offered to help you with your own content instead of re-posting my content verbatim? Or did that slip your mind?

Again, there is no stealing. This all belongs to the host. Will you ever learn that?
What you’re calling gibberish is your own material. Interesting.
It’s good for those that have older aids apparently. So what. If someone comes across an old thread then they can be helped from there.

In this case, you decided to leave. In a huff. Due to your own behavior. Blame yourself. Your rude and obnoxious behavior.

Who cares about old rivalries. You are still you behaving poorly.

No one is controlling you. Everyone is welcome to use materials posted here. You don’t own it.
So, again, you left. Others tried to keep being helpful in your absence. Then you come back and dump all over that help. That is the rude and obnoxious act on your part. Being who you are, you are simply incapable of acknowledging that. Nor to give some acknowledgement to those that did try to carry the torch. Nope. Not you. Just rudely and obnoxiously dump all over it.

Ooo such a survivor. lol No one cares. If you acted in a decent civil manner then none of past rivalries or flame wars or this going on would have happened. You are the trigger point. You. Your behavior. Uncivil and rude.

Wow, I have been missing out.