Different battery brands

Just curious, but for anyone who uses disposable batteries do you have a specific brand you prefer? If so why?
I’ve used Duracell,rayovac, signature select(Safeway brand), Kirkland signature, amplifon, energizer. I’ve noticed with the amplifon battery’s that I’m provided(for free with insurance) the batteries can be hit or miss if they actually activate, along with the fact I feel they do not last very long. I typically will buy the Kirkland brand because they are cheap for a lot of batteries and seem to last pretty good. I use 312 size and I’m very heavy on my streaming use, along with using the roger 2 microphone daily. With my BTE aids I’ll get around 2-3 days of daily use(12+ hours) and with my Ric aids I’ll get around 3-4 depending on if I’m streaming a lot.
Curious to hear others thoughts.

1 Like

I had 4 years of free Amplifon batteries and they frequently didn’t work or only lasted a couple of days. Went back to Rayovac or Widex, stopped using the supplied ones as part of purchase deal and haven’t had any issues before or since. I would imagine they are cost cutting with questionable results. Interesting to hear your experience as they never acknowledged any issue.

1 Like

Someone on here did a “study” of different brands some years back. Concluded that the difference wasn’t worth the effort and decided to get the ones that were easiest to get out of the package.

I prefer Power Ones (13) from the owner of this forum. They have a nice long tab that makes for easy removable and I have never had a bad one.

2 Likes

Power One - find on Amazon.

2 Likes

Power One from Amazon. I use the 675 battery. I do not stream and I get approx. 2 weeks use . I will say after about a week and a half I can feel the battery wearing down. I wear my aids approx. 16 hours a day.

Rayovac Extra (size 13). These are the ones that I could find that last the longest, I get 10 days out of them while streaming quite a bit.
Last I bought a pack of 180 for about 40€ so I have enough for almost 3 years.
I also used Power One in the past, but Rayovac turned out to be better.

I did not try a lot of brands but I’ve definitely noticed a diference. Streaming may be a factor.

I use Powermax from amazon. They seem to last a long time, longer than other brands I tried.

I use PowerOne Evolution for my Xceed SP.

I recently found an old pack of Costco 312s, expiration date 2019. I’m getting the same 4-5 days from them as I get from new ones.