Dear Phonak, your Lumity battery isn't good enough

Well I’m 77. I am working full time. Normal hour week I’m ok
50 hour week I don’t have enough battery capacity. And I work in construction. Dead battery stays dead
Paradise P90Rs

when wud likely rolling out battery version within 1-2 months??!

If you mean Phonak, it’s NOT in the works. It’s in the gossip, but no firm plans. I think there is a groundswell of support for coming out with a battery Lumity Life (their latest introduction), but likely not going to happen for a couple years.

1 Like

OW. In my dreams! If I’m born again, I want THAT configuration. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No, I expect a 312 version within the next few months. The Unitron version, the Moxi Vivante 312, is already out.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Maybe not two but within six?

Of the “contrived durability” variety per the Wikipedia page. Worse for hearing aids because we rely on them having a second life as a spare set.

1 Like

It’s certainly possible to have a larger battery in the same size casing, but I think there would be other trade-offs. For example, older Phonak aids needed an external Roger shoe and receiver, which took up a fair amount of space. On new models, that function is integrated (sort of…), but it probably still takes up space. Does Starkey have an equivalent function? I know they have remote mics, but for whatever reason, they don’t seem as popular as Phonak’s Roger devices.

1 Like

I’m looking for urgent hearing aid, so better I go with vivante 312 50 version, is there any major difference in this both models lumity 50 or vivante moxi 50??!

I’ve never seen/heard of the Unitron or Moxi Vivante over here in the US, but perhaps Phonak sells them under different names here? I’ll be in to see my audi on the 17th and see what the scuttlebutt is on these 312s… O’course I’d be needing the 13s, but hey, maybe they’d be next in production.

1 Like

The Lumity 50 is significantly more expensive than the Moxi 5, but that’s because it’s more advanced and would be better for most people. Whether the cost difference is worth it to you depends on your individual hearing loss and lifestyle. But if you can afford the Lumity 50, you can also afford the Moxi 9, so that’s what you should be comparing.

3 Likes

Different software, same hardware. New Phonak features are inherited by Unitron after 6 months (under different names) and also the reverse; Unitron features have made it on to the Phonak Platform.

The benefit with the Unitron is that you can Flex trial up to the top model for a few weeks and then revert to your original choice if it doesn’t provide enough benefit for the money over the level you currently have.

2 Likes

Unitron and Phonak are sister companies. Unitron is not a budget phonak. The 50 level is comparable and, actually, historically I’ve found unitron to be a bit better at keeping more advanced features down at lower levels, although the two companies have really converged lately. So if unitron is a lot more affordable where you are, take advantage of that. Phonak is actually cheaper where I am right now.

5 Likes

Does Unitron work with Roger?

1 Like

Im getting a little more than 18 hours with my Phonak Lumity L90s. You could try to put them in later and not schedule anything both early and late. I know this is not always possible. The other solution is to find 30 minutes during the day where you can give them a charge.

But again, i never have to charge mine now.

2 Likes

Yes, if you purchase and install the receivers. It used to be more expensive because you need the 02s, but they take the 03s for Roger direct now.

1 Like

any idea how many days battery will last for vivante 312 with power reciver. my guess lumity won’t last more than 14 hrs with power reciver.

Would a Roger iN’s receivers work? In other words would you be able to install the iN’s “licenses” into the Unitrons and have them work?

As an older person (61) who has only needed ha’s for 5 years or so, I too found there were times I needed 24 hour hearing. I purchased two sets. One battery operated and one rechargeable. I have young grandchildren who stay the night and I must hear them if they call for me! I use the battery aids during the night.

Hearing quality is so much better with my KS10 rechargeable aids. But the phonak battery aids do the job. It’s also very reassuring to have the extra pair with me during the day on the off chance charging didn’t go well that night with my rechargeable aids.

I realize this is an expensive option, but purchasing at Costco made it much more affordable. I don’t know if this could help you, but I hope so. My heart goes out to you. Dealing with this all of your life must have been awful! I don’t think people appreciate or protect their hearing enough!

4 Likes

I believe the Blu platform (which is similar to Paradise) YES, you can, they have integrated roger receiver just like Phonak’s Paradise and Lumity.
I was thinking of getting Unitron Stride Blu UP (as a backup) which is similar to Phonak Naida Paradise, and use the roger items my brother have, I believe I’ve read in its literature that it has an integrated roger receiver, just like Naida Paradise.