Curly hair over ears and hearing aids - will it cause ‘swishing’?

I currently have long, straight hair which I tie back when I’m wearing my HAs. If I wear my hair loose I get a lot of ‘swishing’ sounds which I find annoying. Short hair, cut over my ears doesn’t suit me. I really fancy a complete restyle to a curly (permed) bob which will cover my ears (like the model in the picture) but am worried about whether I will get the same swishing I get with my current ‘curtain’ of straight hair. Logic says probably not but I would be really grateful to hear from anyone who wears has a curly style like the one in the picture.

1 Like

I understand your logic. I have long, straight fine hair and don’t get on with RICS partly because of this. You could try curling your hair with the bendy curling sticks you can buy, then see if this works for you. I think you can pick them up cheaply in places like Superdrug, Poundland, b & m etc. Put styling product in to help hold it.

2 Likes

My guess is that you would have less swishing but not none. My hair is long and definitely not curly, but it does have some body/wave to it, especially when it is shorter (just above shoulder length).

When it is shorter I can wear it down without being made crazy by the rustling, though I still end up clipping the sides up a lot to keep it out of my face - tucking behind the ears was never great but now with both glasses and behind-the-ear hearing aids, forget it!

1 Like

My hair was the same as yours is when I had HA’s. I didn’t experience a lot of interference from my hair moving against the microphones.

Even now with a CI and HA I don’t have a lot of issues with my hair and hearing devices.

Good luck.

1 Like