Costco to get Jabra Enhance Pro 20

I think Front Focus and Restaurant are pretty similar in function. Instead of one of those, I recommend Outdoor (if suitable for your life)–I find it’s great for hearing a walk-companion while minimizing traffic noise etc.

Is there a list of standard “Programs” that the Jabra Enhance Pro 20 supports?

Any way for an end-user to get these set?

1 Like

Here is some additional information from the NRF Connect app.
I checked my Pixel Tablet a few hours ago and it showed the same results as my phone.
LE Audio supported YES
LE Audio Broadcast Source supported NO
LE Audio Broadcast Assistant supported NO
Max connected audio devices 5

Since then I got the Android 14 December update and unfortunately the NRF Connect results remained the same. I had hoped it might have shown a change to the additional YES that @MDB has on his Samsung phone.

Has anyone with Jabra EP 20s and a Samsung phone gotten them to pair and operate hands-free?

My guess is that the Samsung S24 that will be released in late Jan or Feb will be the phone that works with Pro 20 and Auracast. In the video linked below, the phone used looks like the leaked images of the S24. It is rumored to have Bluetooth LE 5.4 that is supposed to work with the Pro 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPUEe8MenU

The User Guide for the Enhance Pro 20 lists the following programs:

• All Around
  • Hear in Noise
  • Music
  • Acoustic phone
  • Outdoor
    These have to be enabled by the fitter at Costco. My fitter was going to enable a couple of programs when I had mine done, but I asked for more. I have all of the above except Acoustic phone.
1 Like

I have Prezas and plan to get the Jabra 20s soon. Two things I sorely miss in the Prezas from my previous aids (Rexton maybe, by memory): The volume control rocker had a midpoint beep signal so it was easy to get back to default volume or at least have more sense of where I am in the volume range. And the program selection rocker switch went in both directions. If I was in the default program (#1) and wanted to go to music (#4), I could simply click once in reverse direction instead of three long presses forward.

Did they add either of these features to the Jabras?

Hopeful, but doubtful.

I suspect Costco renamed my “Hear in Noise” to “Restaurant” and “Outdoor” to “Front Focus” for some reason. IDK, but I will have to ask them.

Thanks for the info.

The Jabra’s have one button. I do think I heard you could program each button for a short press action and a long press action, and I would think the rechargeable w/ the accelerometer could be programmed for taps and double taps.

Not sure for the midpoint tone, I like that on my Phonak Marvel’s.

For me, I’m not too concerned w/ the buttons on the hearing aid, as long as I can answer the phone and hang up. I plan on using the resound app on my iphone and my apple watch. On the watch I plan on putting a link to the app on my watch face, so I would think volume or program adjustments should be easy to do from my wrist. At least that’s what I hope.

Those were the program names for the Enhance Pro 10. The programs that I listed (All Around, Hear in Noise, Music, Acoustic Phone, Outdoor) are the latest. Maybe you need to update your app.

Outdoor is an omnidirectional program, with less processing.

Front Focus is a program that emphases the noise (normally speech) coming from directly in front of you. It can be good in a restaurant, if you are with one other person. I used just this in a restaurant yesterday with my Omnias.

I’m not sure about Hear in Noise, but it would be relevant in a restaurant if you had more than one person with you. I think that might indeed be named Restaurant in some models.

2 Likes

Don’t know if there is a Jabra that takes a size 13 disposable battery. But I got that model of Omnia (didn’t want to worry about rechargeable battery lifespan after warranty expired - planned to save as a future backup set for more modern rechargeables). With the Omnia 962s, you get a rocker switch on each HA instead of just a button, which gives you more button/rocker programming options. Don’t know about the return to midpoint volume option-ask or call someone at a Costo Hearing Aid Center. I always use my iPhone or my Apple Watch if I want to adjust my HA program or sound settings.

Works great. I switched from Android to iPhone just for the advantages of being able to control my Quattros, then Omnias through my Apple Watch. In the ReSound iOS app, there is an option under More, Apple Watch, Watch Settings to turn on the Sound Enhancer features on the Watch. ReSound advises that turning on Sound Enhancer features on the Watch have a watch performance cost but with an iPhone 14 Pro Max and an Apple Watch Series 8 (the Ultra), the ReSound Smart 3D app is still very responsive and snappy on my Ultra with Sound Enhancer features on. I would expect the same on any Apple Watch Series 8 or above.

Thanks Michael and Jim,

My Prezas have rocker switches. Short press up/down for volume. Long press forward changes programs in one direction only. Long press backwards enables streaming (like from a multimic).

My guess is that they haven’t changed these.

According to this link (about 2/3 down where they talk about LE Audio and Auracast) all versions of S23 are compatible and that Nexia requires BT 5.3. I’m guessing all versions of S24 will work too, but for now the only phones Resound claims work with LE Audio are all versions of S23

I have been using the Jabra Enhance Pro 20’s for 3 days with a Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 14. You can make hands free phone calls using the Bluetooth LE Audio, but it seems a bit flaky so far. When a phone call comes in, I hear the 20’s connect before the phone even rings, but after answering some seconds go by before you can speak to or hear the caller. By then I am usually flailing around trying to switch to speaker phone. Because of this, I haven’t got the technique down enough to be sure it’s not just me being impatient! I will report back after a bit more experience.

7 Likes

Signia/Rexton have the best button setup. Other manufacturers should take notice.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this is helpful but I had some Bluetooth phone call connection issues with a Google Pixel 7a which has Bluetooth 5.3.
In the systems settings I reset Bluetooth/WiFi and all apps, booted the phone and the connection issues went away.

I can say streaming with this Android 14 phone from the TV adapter or this phone to my CI processors has greatly improved over the pixel 3 phone with Android 12.

5 Likes

The Jabra Pro 20 with the telecoil use a Size 13 battery. They are 30% +/- larger than the rechargeable mini version. The Size 13 batteries last 8 to 9 days without streaming.

The app connects to my Android 13 phone with Bluetooth LE and the sound is okay but not as good as my Motorola earbuds. I don’t keep the aids connected to my phone because the notifications for emails and texts are too bothersome to me.

I’ve had the Jabra Pro 20 for almost 4 weeks now. I like them so far. The Hear In Noise is significantly better than my previous KS-4s.

The 4 standard programs are:
All-Around, Hear in Noise, Music, & Outdoors.

The Enhance Pro App lets you raise and lower the volume and has an audio equalizer for bass, mid and treble. Also in Hear in Noise has two adjustments for Noise Reduction level and Wind Noise Reduction as does the All-Around and Outdoors. The Music program has Bass and Treble boost.

I had my first adjustment on 12/6 and they only complaint I had the HIS address was to adjust the feedback from vertical surfaces.

At this point the aids are keepers.

4 Likes

Consider changing your notification settings on the phone, and leaving your HAs connected. I changed my notifications to banners with no audio notification. Works much better for me to have turned almost all apps to no audio notifications. But in the end, do what suits you best!

WH

7 Likes

I’ll give it a try. What i did notice is when the HAs were connected was my phone battery was used up a lot faster.

Probably the same for an Android phone. But for the iPhone in Settings, under Battery, one can see what % of the phone battery energy expended each app has used for the last 24 hours or the last 10 days. My iPhone says that the ReSound Smart 3D app has used ~1% of my iPhone battery expenditure in the last 10 days. For the Apple Podcast app, which would reflect streaming (one to two hours a day), the Battery settings report says I’ve used 5% of my battery expenditure in the last 10 days. By contrast, my Home & Lock screen used 24% of my battery expenditure. So, even when streaming on an iPhone, my ReSound Omnias are not consuming much of the battery energy.

2 Likes