Costco Rexton Adore (Product Information)

I see it as kind of like buying a truck. You can get a truck made for general use, or you can usually get exactly the same model with a trailer towing package. Both are premium models, but one is better for a particular purpose. The extra features for trailer towing are generally of no use to someone without a trailer. Yes it has a bigger battery, bigger alternator, transmission cooler, bigger radiator, trailer towing transmission switch, built in trailer brake controller, and trailer hitch and wiring provision. But if no trailer, then of no use. And it can even be negative if they have put in a lower rear end ratio to get extra towing capacity, as that will affect fuel economy.

I just returned from Costco & discussing the KS9 (In fact I tried them in store & liked them). They are made by the same mfg as the Marvelā€™s (Phonak) however they are a lesser model. The Phonak chip for the KS9ā€™s have less advantages than the actual Marvelā€™s.Plus the salesperson told me they were having lots of issues with call drops on the KS9ā€™s. They are still trying to perfect it. I personally have an IPhone & wanted something rechargeable since I find it difficult to change the batteries (my fingers are the problem)j & they did not come in rechargeable. I opted for the Rexton Adore LIā€™s. Pretty much everything the same but rechargeable. The batteries in the HAā€™s last about 4 1/2 years which sounded good to me. Iā€™m new to all this being this is my first pair. I did a lot of research from this site and found the information very helpful. Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed I made the right choice and will be happy with it.

I am coming up to 7-8 months with the KS8 which is very similar to the Rexton Adore Li, but is not rechargeable. I looked at the KS9 for a bit as there was a window for me to return the KS8ā€™s and get the KS9. I decided there was no real advantage to the KS9 and I didnā€™t want to go through the whole fitting process again. I believe they are very similar to the M90 Marvels but do not have the options for rechargeable battery (use 312), tinnitus masking, or telcoil. I am not sure about them having a ā€œlessorā€ chip, but they do not apparently work with the latest Marvel app.

Truthfully I was ready to go ahead with the KS9ā€™s. I liked them when I was wearing them and read a good amount of reviews about them to feel like they were a good choice for me. I really wasnā€™t sure one way or another as to batteries or rechargeable but could only remember every time I would try to change the batteries for my mom my fingers just had difficulty. I thought Iā€™d prefer rechargeable for me. After all was said & done I opted for the Adoreā€™s because I felt like they gave me more of what I wanted for my first HAā€™s. I pick them up November 1st. Iā€™m praying I made the right decision but at least I have 6 months to decide.

And if you donā€™t like them for some reason, there are other Costco options with rechargeablesā€“both Phillips and Resound make rechargeable, made for iPhone hearing aids. Not sure whatā€™s happening with other Phonak models besides Marvel. Costcoā€™s website still says they sell Brio3 and I know it had a rechargeable version, but Iā€™ve heard from others that they stopped carrying Brio3?? havenā€™t heard anything about a Brio4.

1 Like

I am new to HAs and bought the Rexton Adore Li from Costco a couple of weeks ago. I have my first check in appointment this week. In the last week or so I noticed ongoing or chronic hissing or static sound in both HAs when outside, in my car, and on the train, which has become so annoying and tiring that I often turn off the HAs. Obviously that defeats the purpose. The static goes away (but not immediately) when I am in my office. Is this something that can be adjusted, or do I have defective HAs? Anyone else have this issue with this particular brand and model of HA?

I have the Kirkland KS8 aids which are pretty much the same as the Rexton Adore, but uses replaceable batteries. I canā€™t say I have noticed what you are reporting, at least not exactly. Since you are saying it is both ears, I would say it is highly unlikely they are both defective.

Are you using an iPhone? Rexton/Signia claims it uses motion sensor input from a smartphone to change the programs automatically. They call it a 3D classifier. At least in theory it is supposed to adapt to a vehicle environment. There is also a program which can be turned on called (i) Focus 360. I have found it to be a little more useful in a vehicle. It claims to suppress road noise, but also be sensitive to potential conversation from beside or behind you. So what I hear is suppression of noise, until someone speaks, and then the sound level goes up. Loud vehicles and bumps in the road can fool it, and let volume come up too, but in general it works pretty well. In particular I hear the air conditioning fan hiss to some degree. When the noise suppression kicks in and out, it almost sounds like someone is increasing and decreasing the fan speed, but of course it is not changing. It is the hearing aids changing gain.

Long story, but what I found is that I got used to how they work, and now appreciate how well they control noise. At times especially when I was using molds they can make it almost over quiet in a vehicle. That is another potential issue. Are you using open or closed sleeves. I find closed sleeves work better for me, combined with the Own Voice Processing trained and turned on.

There are settings on the amount of noise reduction and how fast or slow it acts. You should tell the fitter what you are hearing, and they may suggest some changes from the defaults. My thoughts would be to wait a couple of months until you get more used to them first. Turing them off when it is very noisy in my view is not a bad thing. I have mine programmed such that a long hold on any button will mute the aids. When I grind the coffee in the morning I mute them, and when I am traveling by plane I also mute them and use them as ear plugs! It is by far the quietest option.

Hope that helps some. Here is how I have my optional programs set. The fitter has to set them up. There is a choice of about 10 different options for programs.

Thanks. I have ā€œAutomaticā€ and the three listening situations, but none of the others on my app. I will ask about them.

Those three listening situations, I have discovered, are not real programs. They are just a specific microphone focus setting for the Automatic program. So you can just pick one of them to get the focus you want, instead of going to the Automatic program and manually adjusting the microphone focus.

Of the other ones I do find the Noise/Party one useful for noisy restaurants and bars. It is certainly not a perfect solution but helps. I usually turn the volume down a bit too.

I have not found the Outdoor/Traffic to do anything special over the Automatic program.

The Listening to Music one defeats a lot of the sound processing tricks to improve music quality. The other Music choices are Listening to Live Music, and Playing an Instrument.

I have just had the Reverb Reduces put in, and have not put it to a real test. Iā€™m hoping it may help in big halls and PA systems where echo is a problem. My fitter tells me she has some clients that are teachers and they like it in the classroom.

The iFocus 360 I think works a touch better than Auto when in a vehicle. I will take the time to set it if I am doing a longer trip, but just leave it in Auto when driving around town.

Hi member6
The KS9 offers the connectivity youā€™re looking for!

Iā€™ve just received my Costco Adore LI rechargable hearing aids and so far like them a lot but I would like to purchase a small charger for those times when Iā€™m not near a USB port and would like to top off the Adoreā€™s batteries. Cansomeone recommend a small pocket style charger that would handle a few full charges of the Adore LIs? It has to be small enough to easily carry around in a pocket. Thanks for any responses.

Something like this should handle it https://www.amazon.com/Attom-Tech-Portable-External-Emergency/dp/B07K9HJR4X/ref=asc_df_B07K9HJR4X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241903564978&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3612246407625297741&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013804&hvtargid=aud-829758849484:pla-628427445284&psc=1

Nothing special about that one except itā€™s small. Costco may very well carry something. Iā€™m not sure how many mAh it takes to charge a pair, but I would think this would be plenty.

Edit: Not sure I fully understand your question. This should work with existing charger. To get something that would be self contained would need to come from Rexton (or Signia)

Thanks for that link. To clarify, the charger that comes with the Adore LI has a micro USB port which can be powered by a small external battery pack if desired when no other power source is available.

Wish I knew the MaH for that Rexton charger but canā€™t find that spec anywhere.

I promise, I have searched this site inside and out AND the Internet and I still canā€™t find it. My husband just got the Adore LI RIC hearing aids from Costco. Very impressed with them so far by the way.

We want him to be able to stream from our tv to his hearing aids. His assistant at Costco said he could find the Rexton Smart Transmitter 2.4 online for a much cheaper price than at the store. I canā€™t find it anywhere and I donā€™t want to buy a different transmitter and not have it work.

Can someone please direct me to a device under $100.00 that will transmit tv.

Thanks so much!

How much does Costco charge? I can find some places online that sell it, but they donā€™t quote a price. Pretty sure this from Signia is the same thing Signia StreamLine TV - Brand Name Hearing Aids For Less but itā€™s $200 Unless itā€™s over $200 from Costco, Iā€™d bite the bullet. Other option is to call some of the online sellers and see what kind of price they offer. Costco will come with unbeatable service compared to anything online.

1 Like

Costco charges around $259.99 and I think I figured it all out. I have a printout from Costcoā€™s website from 2018 - that I found on the internet the day that he came home with his new hearing aids. It lists $159.00. His advisor is only aware of the $259.00.

I think I looked at the Signiaā€™s last night and wondered if that would work. Let me go look again and Iā€™ll be back.

Yes, those are what I saw last night. And Amazonā€™s price is even higher at $219.00. Now that I have it all figured out, I think Iā€™ll stick with the Rexton that Costco will order for him even if it is $50.00 more than the one you showed here. At least we KNOW that one will work with his hearing aids, right?

Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it.

Youā€™re most welcome. Iā€™m pretty sure Signias would work and seller should be able to verify, but Costco is hassle free.

Does anyone wear these? Iā€™m in my first week with the KS9 but I think I would like to give them a try. Iā€™ve already dropped them a few time taking off this dang mask. The Adore iX sounded good in the store but I couldnā€™t find any reviews on them. The KS9 has gotten very good reviews.

I canā€™t address your direct question, re the Rexton Adore. I can offer help with the other issue you mention.

I donā€™t think the Rextons will be any less likely to be dropped with the mask. Dropping and losing hearing aids when removing masks seems to be the new issue for many of us.

There are several things you can buy to help retain your hearing aids.

1. Hearing aid retainers by Otoclip. They offer clips for BTE and for ITE styles, and they have many colors. Find one you like then check Amazon, as some styles and colors are available there. See here: Hearing Aid Retainers
  2. Hearing aid suspenders. Headband style. See here: https://earsuspenders.com/
  3. Hearing aid holders, for people who also wear glasses. See here: https://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Retainer-Eyeglass-Irritation-Standard/dp/B07GRGDHJJ

There are many other options out there, but those are the 3 main ones. E.g. Etsy offers a variety similar to the first ones.

Good luck!

Thanks, I have read here about a lot of users having the same issue. It just seems like a lot to add one more thing to the mix of glasses, ID around the neck, mask, HA and now a holder for the HA. I didnā€™t know if anyone was using the Adore ix and if it works as good as the KS9. I