Costco Phonak Brio 4 (Product Information)

Totally agree on this assessment.

1 Like

Any news on a more powerful version? I’m not loving my Preza’s, and would be interested in taking a stab at the Brio’s, but would probably need a more powerful version than the 312 version that’s out now.

What do you dislike about the Preza? Going next week and choosing between ReSound Preza, Kirkland 9.0, or Phonak 4.0. Undecided on these.

It’s hard to articulate, but some sound levels just aren’t there. Just as an example, I can’t hear my car engine turn on, which I could with my old Trax 42’s. I’ll be doing an adjustment in a couple weeks, so hopefully it’s just some growing pains.

Also, anecdotally, I got them with the left and right aids switched, so the sound levels didn’t correspond to my actual hearing levels at the various frequencies. Audi said it’s the first time she ever saw that happen. I need a lot of treble boost in my left ear only, so every sound in that range was like a stabbing sensation in my right ear at default volumes.

The app is very solid, however.

Costco Australia have just received stock of the Brio 4. Including the in-the-ear style.
They do not have prices yet, but the audiologist that was unpacking them estimates between AUD 1,800 and 2,000.
Costco does not participate in the Australian government subsidy scheme. But even without the subsidy, it looks like a good deal.

It is available now. I was offered size 13 version by my local Costco. I am disappointed they don’t make 675 size anymore, as they did for the first gen of Brio (my currint HAs). I’m afraid I’ll go from once a week battery replacement to twice a week.

Hello
Does anyone know which of the below Naida M SP models does Costco’s Phonak Brio 4 closely match?
Thanks

M90 (Premium)
M70 (Advanced)
M50 (Standard)
M30 (Essential)

To answer your question the Brio 4 with size13 battery is very close to the equivalent of the Phonak Naida M90 aids.

1 Like

Thank you, Rick!! I greatly appreciate the detailed response.

1 Like

FWIW, I ordered a pair of Brio 4’s a few days ago. During my chat at Costco, The Audiologist called her liaison with Phonak and asked the rep about the Brio 4 compared to the KS 9.0. She asked the rep, “Same chip, same platform as the KS 9.0?” and got a reply in the affirmative from the Phonak rep.

So, if the KS 9.0 is based on the Audeo series, would it not follow that the Brio would be as well, based on the Phonak rep’s reply?

Edit, deleted my original post because I aimed my replay the wrong person. My apologies.

No it doesn’t. It implies it’s based on the Marvel Chip. Audeo implies RIC. Naida generally implies BTE. Either can use Marvel Chip.

Thank you. Looking around that seems to be the major difference between the two.

This is true to my knowledge.
The Brio 4 aids should really be a nice set of aids for the severe to profound hearing losses. Not too big like 675 battery aids are. Much more comfortable behind the ears. If your loss allows it, power slimtubes can be used on them rather than the standard size 13 sound tubes.
Good luck.
Let us know what you think.

Thanks. I will chime in when I pick them up. I got the 13 model, audiologist said the regular tubes would be better for me. I’m the “ski slope” type of loss, esp in the left ear. I go from moderate to profound on the very highest end of the spectrum in that ear.

I’m fine with the regular size tubes. I’m 41, so I’m not as worried about visibility as I was when I was younger.

Don’t forget there’s also bolero, that’s regular bte, whilst naida is strong bte. I thought that brio == bolero.

Yep that’s what I always thought as well, in fact I’m pretty sure it is.

Take a look at Phonakpro. The Bolero M only comes in size 312 battery.

1 Like

I think the lesser power ones are Boleros, but the Super Power ones are likely Naidas.

1 Like

Yes, I believe MDB has it.

Since you got the Brio 4 model, how is your hearing performance? Can you tell us a bit about the pros and cons, audio quality, Bluetooth connectivity, etc? I am looking forward to trying it as well.