Costco KS continuing support?

I volunteer at an assisted living facility. Some residents have Costco aids. Since Costco and Phonak have parted ways, does anyone know if Costco will continue to support KS and Brio aid repairs and parts going forward? Tnx

1 Like

@mr.smithster: I apologize for not posting a response to your very clear question. I just wanted to state, for the record, that I think that both Sonova and Costco have shot themselves in the foot by not answering the question of “Who’s going to take care of the kids?” at the same time that they, with great fanfare, announce the divorce.

Dumb …

6 Likes

Spoke with the Hearing Aid Center at my Costco today. They will continue to support Phonak and KS10 hearing aids.

5 Likes

Costco is a reputable company and it would be most unusual if they did not continue to support what they sold you. You are Costco’s customer, next time you are in the store confirm with the Hearing Aid department.

4 Likes

My Costco audio told me yesterday that spares and aftercare were unaffected. I live in the UK so your mileage may vary.

4 Likes

I have a related question. Perhaps @rasmus_braun or someone else working at Costco has the answer.

I have 4 year old Rexton-based KS8 hearing aids. Recently, I was shopping at a different Costco ans asked about getting my 2 year old 2M receivers replaces because the plastic covering were starting to split. I was told that they could only replace them if they had them in stock. Since they are not their current models, they cannot order the receivers and would need to send the aids to Rexton for “warranty repair” .I know the aids are past their 3 year warranty. Fortunately, they had receivers in stock and replaced them.

I assume that sending the aids to Rexton would have a cost since theya re outside the 3 year warranty. What is Costco’s policy for continued support of their aids? It was implied that suppies such as receivers were not orderable after the Ks9 was introduces. That is a vert short support time since manufacturers expect aids to last from 4 to 7 years on the average.

I assume that replacement receivers are not officially available for purchase buy the consuimer since they are the part that can cause hearing damage & lawsuits.

Many receivers online. Loads on eBay as well.

@prodigyplace

2 Likes

As a comparison, you officially need a prescription for a CPAP mask but they are unofficially available online without a prescription. In that case though, you can purchase the parts & assemble your own.

Are the online receivers official Rexton ones from dealers or compatible? The question remains about Costco support and tuning service policies.

1 Like

I’m in the UK so different websites but do a google search and find out.

Dead easy to change a receiver and doesn’t change how the Aid sounds even if you get a more powerful receiver as the Aid hasn’t been reprogrammed.

1 Like

Costco is a very large company, much larger than the Sonova Group if my research is correct.

You can be assured Costco will take care of their customers and follow the warranty of their products. They have repeatedly gone over and above to do the right thing for many years.

8 Likes

Overwhelmingly the message I got yesterday. I could’ve understood if they said ‘Look, we’ve had to drop those HAs and we can’t support them but let’s migrate you to one of our other ranges at a discount’ etc.

But it was ‘We have spares and aftercare isn’t affected’.

3 Likes

It is interesting that the Costco warranty on the Jabra Enhance Pro appears to be 3 years, but the . Resound One 9 purchased elsewhere is 4 years.

And if you have the Costco Visa card it’s 5 years…

1 Like

I just verified today that the warranty on all HAs sold by Costco is 3 years. It appears they try to support their HAs for 5 years, vendor permitting. T

hat means their Jabra warranty is 3 years but the Resound One 9 has a 4 year warranty.

But like Janofh mentioned, if you used your Costco Visa card at time of purchase, you get an additional 2 years of warranty…

Not according to my Costco HIS.

That the HIS doesn’t know this is… telling

1 Like

Hmmm. I think I bought my KS8s with my Costco card. That would mean i have a year of warranty remaining.

1 Like

Remember the extended warranty isn’t through Costco, but through the credit card company. You need to file a claim with them after you at least get a written estimate of how much repair will cost. Costco should be able to return them to manufacturer and let you know what costs are.

5 Likes

Thanks. i would have guessed it would have been through Costco.