Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

I have the KS7s and one channel is dead or dying.

I have a Samsung 9+ phone and the news that the KS9 has direct connectivity with the android O/S is great news.

Looking forward to trying the new Kirkland.

Also have a Honda Ridgeline with BT connection, so this should work well with the new HA.

1 Like

I believe the bluetooth in your car will only work from your phone to your car speakers. Your phone can send to either your car speakers or your hearing aids, but there’s not really going to be any streaming between your car and your hearing aids.

1 Like

My present KS7s are paired to my Honda via the Navigation system. I can make or answer calls as long as the phone is with me so I am hoping the newer KS9s will do the same thing.

Yes it should. However if you pair with the car I suspect you will lose the direct streaming to your hearing aids. At least that is the way it is with the KS8.

I don’t have profound hearing loss so that would not be a big issue for me. Thanks for your input.

Really? How does this work? Everything I’ve heard is contrary to this. Can others comment if they are able to stream from CAR (not phone) navigation system to hearing aids?

And with the KS7 to boot. I don’t think that’s at all possible.

1 Like

My wife and I went to Costco to get hearing tests and try out some aids. Once the test was complete we each talked to a different HIS about our tests and what aids are available. The tech was very specific to say he is not paid to sell aids or push any sales. He also volunteered the test results without my asking. He was a pleasure to visit with and was very familiar with the tests. He did mention I was about the worst hearing loss case he had dealt with. My word recognition is 12% left and right.
He asked about the KS9 aids and said they have had great results with them in the 3 short weeks they have been out. So he fitted me with the KS9 aids and as it turns out my wife did also. She has been trialing the Starkey i2400 Livio aids. We walked around the store and within 10 minutes she said she wants to return the Starkey’s. She mentioned the Bluetooth was way better with the KS9 aids as well as speech and overall clarity. The directional focus of these aids is very good. Their ability to quiet areas around you to hear speech in front of you is very good. Another program we tried called Speech was excellent at hearing speech from behind or to the side while quieting other areas in front of you. We turned the demo aids back in and made the order for my wife’s KS9 aids. They should be here in 7-10 days, $1499 drive out.
When she returns for her new aids she will be fitted using REM.
A really nice experience.

3 Likes

And you???

1 Like

Happy for you and your wife that all went well. Great news! It sounds like Costco does a good job.

1 Like

I didn’t order the aids.
We will see how the wife makes out with the KS9 aids. She felt like they were noticeably better than the Starkey aids she has had no less than 10 adjustments on since she has been trialing them. That also includes a firmware update that was supposed to fix Bluetooth issues. I mentioned the REM fitting should improve the aids even more, that got a smile on her face.

The HIS that tested me asked how I knew so much about the aids. I mentioned this forum and all the smart members passing information around.

I’m currently using KS8’s but have only had them since the end of April, so I think I can still upgrade without penalty. They’re my first HAs and I’ve been quite pleased over all, but less than satisfied with the direct streaming from my iPhone 8Plus. They frequently seem to lose the connection with one ear or the other, or switch back and forth between the two rather than holding a good connection to both aids when streaming a podcast or music. The musical fidelity is ok, but certainly not comparable to headphones. This last was to be expected. I’m hoping the 9s will have better bluetooth connection than the 8s, and I’m eager to hear that particular aspect addressed by someone comparing the 8’s and 9s!

Can not answer your question comparing the KS8&9 Bluetooth connections. Only that the KS9 Bluetooth was really good. It was the first thing my wife said comparing them to the I believe top of the line Starkeys.
Talking about price and warranty, my wife accepted a deal with the Starkey HIS for a lower price on those aids without warranty or replacement. Even that cost was more than double of the KS9 aids with 3 years warranty and one time replacement.

How did you find the sound of the K9 compared to the Phonak UP aids you’re currently wearing?

I didn’t wear the KS9 aids long enough to see an improvement over the Audeo B90 aids I am working on now. The HIS didn’t set up sound recover. He said he usually doesn’t at least not at first. He asked if I wanted SR but told him to do things the way he likes and let’s see how that goes. I feel like with some tuning the KS9 aids would be as good or better than the B90 aids. The directionality was impressive. I use an android phone too!

The AutoSense of the KS9 aids is much better. The bass of the Naida UP aids is really good. They have soft silicone molds too. Not really fair to compare.
The KS9 aids are very refined compared to any aids I have tried. They are smooth, can not tell when programs are changing. The Naida V90 aids were not as smooth. That could be tuning though. I was working on that when I started wearing the Audeo B90 13 aids. They are pretty nice aids.

2 Likes

The KS8/Rexton/Signia hearing aids have a special streaming/bluetooth equalization program. The software will set it up somewhat by default, but it can be adjusted manually. If you have not done so, ask your fitter to make adjustments based on what you are hearing and not hearing. With open fittings you will need a significant boost in low frequencies and perhaps a cut in mid range.

Now I’m really confused. I’m at the tail end of my KS8.0 return period, so I demoed the KS9.0 on Friday and my fitter really panned them. Here’s why:

• Claimed they were “set and forget” intended for users who lack dexterity and there were no user adjustable programs;
  • complained about the new dome types and found them more difficult to clean and rather painful after wearing for several hours; and
  • was particularly annoyed that all of the Phonak Brios had been pulled from the Costco product line.

So you add that to a brief store walk around demo (which really doesn’t tell you much) and I don’t see any big advantage over the KS8.0. I’m back in on Monday (one of aids seems to have lost its bluetooth connection) so any advice would be most welcome.

After using Phonak Marvels you may want to forget aids on phone and turn bluetooth off then re-pair by opening and closing battery door on both aids and turn bluetooth back on on phone… Hope that helps

Did the fitter do the REM adjustment with the KS9 aids using the same prescription method, and up to the full experienced level of prescription? That is about the only way you can fairly compare two different sets of aids.