Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

Yes I agree, that with the long hold on the button I no longer have that reason, but do find it extremely inconvenient to have to remove the hearing aids to switch BT sources, the reason mentioned by the original poster.

“It’s Always Something!” LOL!

Well, well it is always something! My audio jack receptacle on my laptop is loose as well, I duct taped it. Now it doesn’t come loose and start playing out loud, the oohs and ahhs were getting hard to explain away. Always somthin’.

RDB

1 Like

I do it sometimes. It takes practice and patience (initially anyway).

Before I got the mute feature turned on I got pretty good at doing it, however when glancing at myself in the mirror, and noticing hair sticking out, and the aids dangling from it, realized I really wasn’t doing it that well. Now no need.:grin:

RDB

1 Like

Well I guess I’m not the only one then! In my case, I suspect the damage to the audio port is internal, caused by a gradually swelling battery, since my spacebar no longer has the same feel to it.

With my KS9’s I find I’ve got the volume on my iPhone turned up only one notch from no sound but the audio in my ear is too loud (others can hear it and I’d like it a bit quieter). It’s as if I need to be able to still go down a few notches before completely silent.

I’m not explaining it well but hope someone can help.

Sounds like you need to have the hearing aid fitter turn down the phone streaming volume. However, I don’t know iPhones at all, so perhaps there’s another adjustment you could do?

I was able to play with the setting on the phone in the easy line app and tweak the bottom setting where you can adjust the background noise and realized I can change that setting while BT streaming by using the volume on the HA itself. By increasing the surround sound it reduces the volume of the stream. This is a work around but it would be good to have it set at a lower volume.

At my next appointment I’ll ask for this.

The volume on the phone can be adjusted with the phone itself, leaving the HA’s in the midpoint.

RDB

That’s what I mean. Right now the hearing aids are mid-point but the phone is one notch up and too loud.

If the mid-point is good for ambient sound then turn the phone down as low as it will go on the phone volume itself, not the Easy Line and any more can be done with the HA’s volume. I was afraid that the sound for me was too loud also, but after wearing them for 4 months now realize its been a longtime since I’ve heard anything at these volumes and am now quite content. Also if a particular call is just too loud click the phones speaker phone, which will disconnect the BT connection, then click the BT symbol when you want to return.

RDB

I know what you mean about not hearing the sounds for so long. Hearing the S, ch, f, etc. was so weird the first week. It was like everyone had a lisp. It’s getting better now. I’m amazed how good these hearing aids are!!! I hear sounds I did not hear with the old KS4’s and in the 2 weeks since getting them I don’t think there’s been one occasion where I did not understand my wife, even when she spoke softly!

They deliver to both ears.

Can I use my entertainment system receiver’s Bluetooth output instead of a Phonak TV Connector?

This is so true. It took me months to come to terms with.

Yes, however it will disconnect the phone and Easy Line which will have to b re-paired, and the other un-paired. Not really an answer, the TV Connector is.

RDB

Thanks, RDB. You’re right, that’s too much of a PITA. I’ll go with the TV Connector cabled to the monitor’s optical output – the receiver doesn’t have optical out.

You don’t need an optical out from your receiver. You just need a cable with two RCA male plugs to a single 3.5mm or 1/8" stereo plug on the other. Come from the old fashioned TAPE OUT or REC OUT on the receiver to the input of the TV connector. Works perfectly for me. I can listen to anything the receiver is playing (radio, streaming, CD, tape (gasp!), DVD, or TV.

I thought optical might have better sound, but I suppose even if it does it’s not better enough that I could tell the difference.

In this case, absolutely not. Considering we all have hearing loss significant enough to merit hearing aids, the advantages of optical connections or 48K vs 44.1k or 16-bit vs 24-bit are pretty much lost on us. So, in this case, the good, old fashioned solution is just fine.