Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

MDB,

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned that I didn’t include an audiogram . . . Tried looking at my settings in my profile and didn’t see where I could include one. Can you point out where I should be looking in order to get one to show in my posts??

Thanks . .

I have to look each time to figure it out. Go to the Hearingtracker.com site (not the forum). Make sure you’re logged in. Click in My Account in the upper right hand corner. Should become apparent after that. Somebody may have an easier way to find it. Personally I think there should be a pesky reminder to everybody that hasn’t posted their audiogram every time they come to the site with a link to it (declinable of course)

1 Like

MDB - Thanks for your help. I think I did have a closed fit for the starkey 2400 but will try the tweaking for a while with the vented hearing aids from Costco… I don’t think I will attempt a different one but will stick with the ks9 . I could possibly ask him to lower background sounds more. I also may try to take a break for a few hours without the aids before eating dinner out with people to see if that gives me the morning clarity sounds.

In terms of the evening fatigue with standard tv watching you are right that movies and series are harder.

Indeed so. In some cases with the KS9s I have found the subtitles in movies to be distracting and the voices clear and hence was able to turn the subtitles off.
Last night we were trying to watch the first episode of a series on the British channel AcornTV however and I found the various accents of the actors to be totally indecipherable!
I wonder if our British members on the forum have the same trouble with American accents in movies made here. Do they use subtitles?

I was talking about American tv… I don’t use captions so I can train myself to listen and get better at lip reading. I would not do great with figuring out a British series I think due to accents and tempo. Though I do love Hugh Grant and Sean Connery so can follow them pretty well lol. I am not too effective with Monty Python though.

1 Like

I had to discontinue using mine. I could hear the caller fine but the callers said I sounded like I was in a drum and also that I broke up a lot.

I do not know your hearing loss but if you have high freq loss the Costco Tech may have set the program to correct the high frequency and will follow up during the year with tweaks to bring up the low frequencies. The KS9’s may be prone to hiss or static type noise. Use the app to drop the volume on the ear with static and that may give you a clue. Go for corrections every two months and when they should ok have a REM test redone and see if they have matched your hearing loss - when they match the loss you will have the best performance for these hearing aids

Not being able to use the BT for phone calls is a real shame. I do note some breaking up from time to time, but have noted that before using any BT with the phone. As far as the other person’s perception of the sound I have realized the when using this BT it is best to go to a quiet room as sounds in a room, other’s talking or the TV etc., is picked up by the microphones of the HA’s, the sound in a small bathroom for example will have a slight echo sound. Being able to accurately communicate is the important point, and measure of success.

RDB

I picked up my KS9s less than a week ago. Calls using my iphone has been working well. People recognized my voice. They reported a little “speaker phone” effect but my voice came through much clearer than the voice of a caller on a typical speaker phone. Had a 60 minute conference call today. Everyone was happy. However, it can’t match my old Phonak Brio/Compilot combination. Perhaps, it is just the matter of getting used to. I also miss the redial function. Does anyone know if the KS9 user can redial without touching the phone?
Yes, with respect to breaking up, as soon as I start walking the other party can only hear me intermittently.

Well I ordered those exact $25 earbuds and they arrived today, but I am curious as to how you keep them in your ears on top of your KS9? Mine keep falling out.
Or did I misunderstand that you are putting them on top of your KS9s? They are slick and if I have to remove my hearing aids and put them in my pocket while using the earbuds with my laptop I could do that, since using the bluetooth in the KS9s to connect to my laptop really burns through batteries fast!
But naturally I would prefer to put them on top as I understand you are doing.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Yes, I put them in right over my hearing aids and they don’t seem to fall out. I have the little black vented domes that are shaped like a bullet. And my wires fit perfectly against the side of my head. Maybe my ear geometry is different from yours.

1 Like

I see there are little hooks made for airpods. I can get a pair of those.
Thanks for the quick reply. :smiley:

I just ordered the Costco’s Kirkland 9.0 and I’ll be getting them next week.
I was wondering about something. I understand that they are Bluetooth compatible to the cell phone. (Pixel 3).
Now here’s my question.
I alway have my bluetooth turned on while driving in the car.
If I add the hearing aid on my cell phone, do I have to turn off the car connection or can I have both connected at the same time?

You will need to choose with the phone which one to connect to. My experience is that the Bluetooth stuff doesn’t play nicely. It was never envisioned to be like it is today so it kind of sucks in terms of seamless handoff and interoperability.

I think you can change things under the bluetooth options on the phone. My older google phone choices are phone calls, media audio and contact sharing. I think you will have similar choices under the car. The phone should be able to connect to more than one device at a time. The ks9 not so. But you would only have one connection to the ks9.

The MUSIC program is supposed to disable all digital process and compression, according to tech docs.

The issue is the Music program doesn’t recognize guitar playing as music (at least MY guitar playing…). So, I have a manual version.

For reasons hereinabove explained, I choose not to have my phone connected to my KS9s, as I can hear my phone fine with the phone set to maximum volume. But something is turning my volume on my phone completely off, as a result of which I am missing calls and messages. In addition, when volume on the phone is off, I can’t hear Alexa in my car via my Roav Viva and, whenever that happens it turns out to be that something has turned my phone volume down to zero.

Right now, my prime suspect is the KS9s “Remote” app on my phone. Naturally, I need it to change programs and volume on my KS9s, which I assume relies on a Bluetooth connection, but I can’t find any controls in the Remote App which would allow me to tell it to stop messing with my volume control on my phone.

Bluetooth should not be necessary to control my phone. My KS5s came with a separate tiny handheld device that controlled program changes, battery capacity etc. and it did not use Bluetooth.

Or maybe something else is turning my phone volume off? It never happened before I got my KS9s.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

At times my Samsung S7 will go into a “Do Not Disturb” program and will turn the ringer volume off without myself doing anything to initiate said setting. Could be what is happening with you

1 Like

Nate I am not very techy and not sure why your volume changes but I did want to mention you don’t need bluetooth on to change programs or the volume on the KS9. I have bluetooth off almost all the time and just use the buttons on the hearing aids to change programs and volume.

1 Like