Costco Kirkland Signature 8.0 (Product Information)

Good Day, I returned the ReSound, price $2500 as they nothing more than my three year old Phonak, I had just wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The app was hinky the should was good, nothing great, Does anyone know if the Kirkland Signature™ 8.0 Premium have telecoil? I see they are made for iPhone and $1000 less than the ReSound… any feedback appreicated…

Good Day, I returned the ReSound, price $2500 as they nothing more than my three-year-old Phonak, I had just wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The app was hinky the sound was good, nothing great, Does anyone know if the Kirkland Signature™ 8.0 Premium have telecoil? I see they are made for iPhone and $1000 less than the ReSound… any feedback appreciated…

According to the Product Information at the top of this thread, they offer a telecoil in the 13 battery size. My take is that bluetooth issues are not uncommon regardless of which hearing aids you get, but with patience and persistence can be worked out.

thank you for the quick feedback

thanks for the reply

Let me refer you to my long winded discussion and happily ending up with the KS8T as of yesterday.

Question on the KS 8.0. Is there anyone that is using this with the HP-Receiver? I would like to try them but a special HP-Receiver mold has to be made. That is a receiver that has to be made like a regular ear mold and there is no refund if they will not work for me.

I’m not sure what you are asking. I have the KS8.0 with the HP receivers. I am currently using double-domes but I’m going back on the 15th to get impressions made for custom molds. The molds are cheap, $39 each, and are returnable for refund if they don’t work. You can try the hearing aids with domes if you want, before you get the molds.

You are talking about an Ultra Power receiver. They require molds. You are talking $78. Often clinics will charge 10% and that based often on a $6K+ price. I’m a bit surprised they are fitting you. Normally, they would want you in a BTE aid. That’d be $800 more at Costco.

Yes, Kirkland KS8 13 now available with the telecoil and 13 battery. One sample product has been sent to each Costco and Costco has to order that direct. The battery door is a little larger and the aid will sit slightly different behind the ear.

Don and Ken, Thanks for the info.

KenP, what is an Ultra Power receiver; who needs them? What do they do?: how do they do what they do?; and how much do they cost?

There are 3 standard receivers and a 4th that requires mold rather than droms. They are the item that your dome/mold surrounds.

It is based on output capacity. As they get more powerful, there true fidelity decreases somewhat. So, one uses the lowest level possible considering their loss for optimum results. There’s also a size progression.

They are included with the aid and not considered a profit center. You get replacements under warranty. You can see or buy them on ebay.

You can look at their specs on any of the manufacturers sites.

Thanks for the explanation, Ken.

We have just spent our first afternoon with new KS 8s with Telecoil which had just arrived at our Costco. We aren’t sure when we will first experience the clarity of Telecoil as we’re also facing first doses of Zytiga, Prednisone, and Xgeva. Tough days with much pain and a recent hernia surgery to boot.

The KS 8s are outstanding. We have our usual six program selections but stayed with automatic for today which was perfect with no voices on TV having loud buzzing at all! I spoke without thinking if I was too loud or too soft.

We were treated like royalty at our Costco. Tonight my husband went to a well-deserved rest (he also wrestled a hose down our sewer line.) You don’t want to know any more about our day or lives. Tonight I plugged in the dryer device which is under the piano and will shut off automatically. Now if the Zytiga works to bring down that PSA we may have more than a few months to listen to books, music, and each other. Thanks for listening yourselves. Let us know how these amazing hearing aids work for you. Mrs. S

P.S. The connection between the iPhone 6 and KS 8 couldn’t have been better in the store and talking to an out-of-state family member. Bravo Apple and Costco!

We know that it seems to be basically a Rexton 80 8c with a different shell, because “Rexton” appears in some KS8 web places and the device reportedly says “80 8C” inside the battery compartment. But, other than the corporate relationship, what’s the basis for listing Signia 7Nx similarity? Just asking; not arguing :slight_smile:

Rexton and Signia products are manufactured by the same company. The main difference is on the business side. Rexton is primarily sold by big-box stores and drugstores, while Signia is carried by independent audiologists and dispensers. The 8c and Nx platforms have a similar feature set. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Rexton is a marketing brand for Signia. You can find more information on the Signia website than the Rexton.

I’d say the biggest difference is that the Signia version of Connexx allows a lot more fine tuning than the Rexton version. I also think certain features are excluded–notch therapy for instance. (edit–see Rasmus’s note–I was in error) That said, my experience so far says most audiologists/hearing aid fitters don’t find it helpful to get into the intricacies of the software.

Tinnitus notch therapy is available with 8c products (but not KS8).

1 Like