Costco Kirkland Signature 8.0 (Product Information)

Thank you for your thorough review. Please continue to post updates. I am thinking of getting them also. I had the Bernafon Juna9 last year…not good. Tried the KS7 last summer…not any better.

1 Like

No, you can stream music and calls from your connected iPhone without an intermediary accessory. Unfortunately for Android users, this direct connectivity isn’t available, and this applies to just about all hearing aids. It’s due to the nature of Android as an operating system. But from both iPhone and Android you can control volume, program selection and microphone directionality as with the KS 7’s.

The KS 8’s have MFi capability, IP68 (moisture and dust resistance), and motion detection for starters.

On your iPhone, you can use the Smart Direct app to control the volume, program change etc.

Same here, but iPhone to BlackBerry to Android to iPhone. Loved BB10 (like your DP). You may like the iPhone X and above with its swipe gestures which are very BB10-like. Many people enjoy their hearing aids connecting to their phones without having to wear a big device around their necks. It’s all a matter of personal preference but Apple is getting into healthcare in a big way.

For those not wanting to spend 300 dollars for the accessory (smart mic) to stream music from Android to thier Kirkland 8.0 hearing aids…I found a really cheap workaround solution.

I went to swappa and bought a cheap used older iPhone for 35 dollars.

Any iPhone 4 S. And newer will work. The iPhone 4 will not, so note the “S”.

I then popped in my current sim just to setup the phone, then took it out and back into my Android.

Then I just hotspot wifi tether the iPhone to my Android phone for internet. I have all my music apps and can stream anything over the iPhone wifi.

This will definitely put that accessory unsellable now. Lol. So they should get native Android support soon.

Well…how about that. User @filtered over at this thread might be very interested to know that.

Your Android part…not so fast. :slight_smile: You’re still needing the made for iphone connectivity for that “last mile” stereo to the HA’s.

Any way for you to test audio-lag delay with a video playing on the Android but hearing it through the HA’s via the iphone?

But all very well for streaming audio but how will you use the Android phone through the iphone? That expensive mic can handle phone calls.

There is no lag since you are streaming from the iphone. Your Android is simply a WiFi hotspot.

The point is to spend 35 dollars vs. 300.

If you desire to answer calls on the iPhone, you can use your sim card…

Or…

Get Google voice and use that as on the iPhone

I understand the hotspot thing. I was wondering if you were to watch a video on the Android screen but stream its audio to the iphone and on up to the HA’s whether there would be any lag. I’m not even sure it’s possible.

I understand the point. I thought it was great of you to share. I think the guy in that other thread would be interested to know that it works.

I understand being able to answer calls on the iphone. I was wondering what you might be able to do with answering calls on the Android and bringing the audio through to the iphone and on up to the HA’s. I’m not even sure it’s possible.

IP phone indeed. (nodding head…riiiggghhht…of course) Except for choppy audio across the internet.

Good Day, I returned the ReSound, price $2500 as they nothing more than my three year old Phonak, I had just wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The app was hinky the should was good, nothing great, Does anyone know if the Kirkland Signature™ 8.0 Premium have telecoil? I see they are made for iPhone and $1000 less than the ReSound… any feedback appreicated…

Good Day, I returned the ReSound, price $2500 as they nothing more than my three-year-old Phonak, I had just wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The app was hinky the sound was good, nothing great, Does anyone know if the Kirkland Signature™ 8.0 Premium have telecoil? I see they are made for iPhone and $1000 less than the ReSound… any feedback appreciated…

According to the Product Information at the top of this thread, they offer a telecoil in the 13 battery size. My take is that bluetooth issues are not uncommon regardless of which hearing aids you get, but with patience and persistence can be worked out.

thank you for the quick feedback

thanks for the reply

Let me refer you to my long winded discussion and happily ending up with the KS8T as of yesterday.

Question on the KS 8.0. Is there anyone that is using this with the HP-Receiver? I would like to try them but a special HP-Receiver mold has to be made. That is a receiver that has to be made like a regular ear mold and there is no refund if they will not work for me.

I’m not sure what you are asking. I have the KS8.0 with the HP receivers. I am currently using double-domes but I’m going back on the 15th to get impressions made for custom molds. The molds are cheap, $39 each, and are returnable for refund if they don’t work. You can try the hearing aids with domes if you want, before you get the molds.

You are talking about an Ultra Power receiver. They require molds. You are talking $78. Often clinics will charge 10% and that based often on a $6K+ price. I’m a bit surprised they are fitting you. Normally, they would want you in a BTE aid. That’d be $800 more at Costco.

Yes, Kirkland KS8 13 now available with the telecoil and 13 battery. One sample product has been sent to each Costco and Costco has to order that direct. The battery door is a little larger and the aid will sit slightly different behind the ear.

Don and Ken, Thanks for the info.

KenP, what is an Ultra Power receiver; who needs them? What do they do?: how do they do what they do?; and how much do they cost?