Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)

This time last year the situation was exactly reversed. The KS6 Resound Product (Linx1 equivalent) was cheaper than the Rexton Trax 42. This year the Rexton Product (KS7) is cheaper than the Resound Product Cala 8).

I agree with you about the “Bluetooth by the next models” except for Phonak. The next time Costco gets the Phonak “last years” model - it will be based on the Phonak Belong platform - that still will not have Bluetooth. Phonak went this route because they say they surveyed some non-users who said they preferred the feature of re-chargeble lithion ion batteries over BT capability.

Thanks, rasums_braun. Do you know if the rocker switch can be programmed to the very narrowest setting that I can get with the app? The manuals say “With an optional remote control or smartphone app youhave even more control options”, and the illustrations show a few settings, but the one I want is the very narrowest.

Thank you.

You can adjust the focus to the narrowest setting by pushing the upper rocker switch a few times.

First click will take you from auto to about 180°, second click will cut that to about 90° the third click (which should give you a three tone feedback will give you the narrow focus. The next click will take you back to auto and should give you a single tone feedback. You lose the side to side and rear options without the app and the easytek.

sorry for the delay i have been away.
its a realy log report, a bit to big to post here. I have tried to put a link up but it says i havent posted enough? weird as i contribute regularly. Unless reply’s to posts do not count? If any one wants my report please feel free to PM me or email me ian@brittstuff.co.uk and i will happily send a copy

Regards Ian

Please email me or private message me and i will happily send out my report.
Its too big to post here

ian@brittstuff.co.uk

regards Ian

I’m new to this thread and new to HA. I am going to Costco tomorrow for the second time to try the Kirkland 7 and ReSound Cala. Based on my research I’m leaning heavily to the Kirkland and would appreciate some feedback if I’m correct in my analysis. My three initial concerns are obviously hearing better; using BT with my IPhone, and connecting to a streaming device for my TV’s. For BT/IPhone K7 requires the EasyTek to work in conjunction with the HA for speaking (mic) and hearing and Resound requires the Mic Clip for speaking only. For for phone use they BOTH require a separate device. For TV or other streaming the K7 accepts generally any BT device while the ReSound ONLY works with their proprietary streaming devices. For these reason (plus saving $1k) the K7’s seen the better choice. For hearing the K7’s where much quieter (less ambient noise) than the ReSounds and maybe that’s a settings issue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks - David

The easyTek includes the TVLink. Which will give you TV without any delay. Any BT device will sync with the easyTek. My dumb flip phone, wife’s Samsung 7, laptop, 2 different models of the Kindle Fire, Samsung tablet… The app runs on wife’s Samsung 7 and both Kindles. I have programs, volume and mute on the left aid rocker and spatial control on right aid. The easyTek weighs nothing and works fine under a shirt or coat. I rarely wear except on longer road trips. It sits on my end table and it used when watching soft talking TV drama’s or movies as I have pretty much full control of the aids with the on board rockers.

Ian - I am interested in your comparison as well and just left you a private message.

Okay well I just got my new KS7s. I should probably wait for a couple of days, when I’ve become more critical, but for now I am absolutely delighted. Delighted with the service, too, once again. The audiologist was just so very friendly and accessible, and like the appointment where I had the testing, seemed to have all the time in the world. I hesitantly confessed I’d been programming my own aids for years – he had never heard of such a thing! But then he started telling me about cool things he had found out at a big conference a couple of weeks ago, and just generally being even more friendly.

But back to the aids – like I say, they are so far quite amazing. The Android phone app seems to be working very nicely for me, too. That’s a plus.

I’ll post more next week sometime.

Do- Thanks for the advise. Can you clarify what you mean the EasyTek includes the TVLink? I understand that that the EasyTek is able to receive a signal from a BT TV or BT TV transmitter but don’t you have to purchase the transmitter separately? Off in a few hours to purchase KS7’s.

When you buy the easyTek there will be a TVLink in the box. I took a small Velcro button and mounted it on the back of the TV understand the ‘link has 5 transmit/power levels I sit about 18’ and leave it at 1 (lowest) and can still her just fine in the kitchen or crapper.

Doc Jake- Just returned from Costco after purchasing my KS7 which will arrive next Sunday. I also ordered the Rexton Smart Connect (silver dollar shaped BT devise worn around neck) which appears identical to the Siemens EasyTek. I looks like you might have the MiniTek which comes with two transmitters. Costco sells the transmitters separately. https://media.sivantos.com/siemens-website/media/2015/11/Product-portfolio-catalogue_corp_2015-08_en.pdf
Boy is this confusing!

What are the prices for the KS7 accessories?

OK…

Thanks again for this WONDERFUL forum with such valuable information. I’ve had Rexton 42c aids from Costco for about five months and like them a lot. However, I’ll make an appointment tomorrow to return them and get the Kirkland Signature 7.0 aids – what a no-brainer! :smiley:

Better aids at a substantially lower price. And a new six-month trial period, I guess. Costco is the best, that’s for sure. My dispenser there is top notch … knows her products up and down and is not a pushy salesperson as I understand private audiologists on commission often are.

Sadly, in Canada we only get 3 months. :frowning:

Yes I agree :frowning:

Maybe they will reduce to 3 months here in the USA so the people would not abuse the system

Whoa; what’s this? Even though I’m stuck at my desk all weekend relating to practically nobody except my cat, I can’t wait to put my hearing aids on in the morning. Seriously. This is a totally new experience. In the past, I couldn’t wait to take them off. So far, pretty good, Costco!