Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0/KS7

Hello

I recently purchased Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0/KS7.

I am looking to self program.

I am downloading Rexton Connexx8.5.5/RexFit8.5.3

What wireless programmer will I need.

Sig

Have you read the links on DIY programming that show up if you click on PVC’s avatar? I personally think you’d be better off with a wired device as anything wireless will likely not be compatible with much else. However, take a look at the links and see what you think.

The answer is ConnexxAir or ConnexxLink.

Look at the bottom of the first page in the
Kirkland Signature 7.0/KS7 Datasheet PDF

Note that 312-programming adapter implies 2x programming adapter/pills with a battery pill size 312, plus 2 standard CS44 cables, plus a mini pro or a Hi Pro wired programming device.

I am guessing that because it says ConnexxLink that it can also use the newer ConnexxAir.
See this post.

@Siggy : Both MDB and I have KS7’s and we both self-program. We both have…

This is what you want.

Looked in Connexx. Yes, ConnexxLink and Connexx Air are compatible with KS7. Neither are compatible with KS8. (OK, I couldn’t check directly, but assume that Rexton 8c share the same compatibility.)

Thank you @pvc , @z10user2 and @mdb

I went with the Hipro cs44 cables and 312 programming adapters.

works great !!

Hi @Siggy , @MDB, @z10user2

I am new to all this, but am trying to get up to speed to help someone out in advising and assisting them to program the KS7 for a kid in the Dominican Republic.
I understand the workflow, eg. I need the correct software and a hardware programmer.
Could you please tell me exactly which of them you used?
I already downloaded the Connexx9.6.0 SiFit 9.6.2-forSignia from here, but I think that has the wrong database?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You need the Rexton database. I used the Mini-Pro, but a Hi-Pro will also work. The Hi-Pro with Serial interface are often cheaper but are more complicated to connect than ones with USB. The cables you need are standard cables (but you can’t use Phonak ones) but you’ll need 312 adapters to connect the aids to the cables. This should all be in the software. For the Signia software, you could look up the info under their Primax hearing aid.

Thanks for the quick reply.
How do I get and/or recognize the Rexton db?
Where is it located in the setup folder? I see a few .cab files there, is one of them perhaps the db?
Or do I need to redownload a new setup with the Rexton db included?

Sorry, I’m not adept enough at this to answer your question. I suspect it’s easies to start fresh but don’t know. Have you read the section on how to get started with DIY and tried requesting a copy through the means suggested?

Yes, I have read the DIY section.
I’ll try and request a new link.

Thanks again!

I have the Rexton version of Connexx, but not as an executable so I’m no help. Will be happy to try to answer questions. How have you come into this situation? Somebody you know, or do this regularly and first time a Rexton has come up?

A friend of mine has bought some second hand hearing aids (in Canada) to help out this kid in the Dominican Republic, and has asked me for help as she is there now and needs to program them.
I have no previous knowledge about any of this, and am learning about hearing aid programming on this forum since yesterday.
I am a software engineer and am pretty confident that I can do it, but like to be sure to get all the right tools lined up before I advice my friend in the DR to buy a hearing aid programmer.
I will then get the right software to her, and program the aids via remote desktop.

1 Like

I have no idea what a hearing aid fitter would charge to fit the aids, but it’s possible that might be less expensive than the equipment outlay. Might be worth looking into. Keep me posted.

Yeah, my friend has already talked to a guy on the phone from a hearing aid shop over there, but said that they were not very helpful; they were more interested in selling her new aids. Go figure, eh? :wink:

I can see being more interested in selling aids, but if business is slow, making a few bucks programing somebody elses is not a bad idea.

The KS7 manual states:
• Wired programming with 312-programming-adaptor
• Wireless programming with ConnexxLink

I did some more surfing etc. and I am getting to grips with all this new hardware jargon. :grimacing:

So I can either go wired, with a hi/mini-pro type programmer and the cs44 cables coupled with 312 adapters, which are “pills” which you put in place of the batteries of the KS7 to make the connection.
Correct so far?

Or I could go wireless, which would skip all the cable malarkey, which sounds tempting.
As the KS7 is capable of Connexxlink, does this mean it will also work with a Noahlink Wireless?

It will not work with NoahLink Wireless. Will work with CS44 cables and 312 adapters. Yes, you are correct. My only experience with Connexxlink is in the office. Requires patient to wear a device around neck for it to work. Send me a PM. I may be able to help you out obtaining a minipro and cables.