Costco Kirkland Signature 6.0

Not a bad idea but my closest costco is 2hours away, so if I were to do what you stated, I would need to make an 2-3 extra trips to end up with the KS6

1. Initial Consultation
  2. Fitting KS5
  3. Checkup KS5
  4. Consultation KS6
  5. Fitting KS6
  6. Checkup KS6

But most importantly, KS5 doesn’t have frequency Compression which I desperately need.

My audiogram: (both ears are similar loss)

125 - 5dB
250 - 10dB
500 - 30dB
1k - 50dB
2K - 75dB
4K - 105dB
8K - 90dB

I find it very depressing how my 4k region is so low and my audi told me that amount of loss is also known as “dead region” which means no amplification will help and only frequency compression can allow me to hear those sounds. Is that true???

Cheers.

The KS6 is now being displayed as available on the Costco website << http://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-styles.html >>

Great news Brad. I see it does include the remote. I thought I saw it wasn’t to be included. I’d thought I’d have to buy the phone clip to allow programming from my Android phone. Still might but now that’s an option.

when you click for more info, it still links back to KS5.0

You should be able to. Costco has a 90 day full refund return policy. This is actually a necessary thing for hearing aids because it’s a huge investment and it takes awhile to get them right. Therefore many US states have laws similar to Costco’s return policy, so really all dealers are bound in some way. (Though some have a pricey return fee)

That being said- returning KS5s and immediately ordering KS6 might look a little like you’re taking advantage? Maybe it would be better to start with another type/ brand and return THEM for the KS6.

Besides- you want to try various kinds so you really know what’s out there.

Costco has changed their aid to the new one on the web site.

Whoops -I made a mistake,sorry the image is different.:flushed:
Still K.S. 5

I just bought a pair of Kirkland Signature hearing aids at the Concord, CA Costco, but have not yet been fitted. My appt is tomorrow. However I was charged $1899.99–one hundred more than the price in yr post. I wonder why. An additional note: not only that but I just noticed on my receipt that I have bought a Kirkland Sig 5 not 6. I see that the 6 is more advanced and has direct connectivity with iPhone which I have. Should I turn the 5 down, and ask for the 6?

Maybe you are receiving the KS5 model instead of the new KS6 model. It would be worth a phone call to find out.

The KS5 costs more but is an older less model than the 6? I wonder if they will let me switch to 6 without trying the 5 first.

I don’t think they would try to put you into the 5 at this point. Pricing seems a bit deceptive for Android owners. Yes, it is 100 less but the aid has no volume control. So, you need either iPhone, remote or phone clip +. All of those would add to one’s expense.

Well I swung by Costco today to try and order the KS6 but they said they cant take orders for that model yet [and dont know when they can]. The main audi was not there and it was suggested I talk to her for an order date when she gets back next week.

I know she didn’t think the old ReSound [KS5]was right for me and was pushing the Bernofon Juna as it apparently takes high freq sound and moves/modulates them to lower freq for better understanding, while still keeping the high tones to avoid atrophy in that range. That’s what I understood anyway, maybe incorrect… Anybody know what she meant, what its called and if Linx/KS6 has a similar feature?

UPDATE: OK I found the feature for Juna, it’s called “Frequency Composition”, so I guess I need to know if the Linx/KS6 has something similar

Wow. That’s an interesting technique. Here’s a paper on it.

It reminds me of a technique used to transmit broadcast audio over a standard telephone line called “frequency extension”. A company called Comrex made most of that kind of stuff for radio stations in the 70s-90s.

The frequency response of a standard phone line was about 300 hz to 3 Khz, and it cut off sharply at each end. So they would take standard audio and shift it up by 250 hz. Thus 50 Hz became 300 and passed through the phone line. 2750 became 3000, and it cut off there. The audio was shifted back down by 250 Hz at the receiving end. You gained 250 Hz at the bottom of the spectrum, about 2.5 octaves. You lost 250 Hz at the top, but that was less than an octave.

It worked pretty well. However- if you just listened to the shifted audio without it getting shifted back, it sounded very strange. So I’m wondering how the Juna doesn’t end up sounding like a science fiction character. I’m sure they’ve thought of this and have done what they can to mask it. But I’m curious. Please let us know if you try it!

Padsy
Not sure this is the same thing but the “ReSound Surround Sound” description [used in the Linx and presumably KS6] I just read mentions Warp 17 compression as a feature on page 13, you can read it here www.johnsonhearing.com/pdf/SurroundSoundTechnology.pdf - hope it helps you out!

Smart app at App Store -Kirkland signature choise.

Hi,
As far as I know, you wouldn’t need freq composition for the time being. I think, it’s rather recommended around 80-90-100 db of loss. Probably some of the audis here can that confirm.

That’s interesting because mine has me scheduled to come in on Saturday to order the KS6.

The Costco website has the detail screen for the KS6 today. But not much technical detail. No remote will be included with the KS6.

i have had nothing but bad experience with connect hearing. the story is too long to tell but i almost gave up on finding reasonable priced aids.

OK things have changed, I just got a call from Costco saying to come in on 16th for the KS6, so we will see.