Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

UPDATE:
Just updated the app to version 3.0.3 and F…I…N…A…L…L…Y it works as it should so far. I created a Custom Program and it has been holding for about an hour or so of on and off the phone and App.
Maybe I will test turning back on some of the notification sounds to see if that has any effect. They told us we had to turn them all off because that was making the programs switch back to Automatic. What a crock.
2021-08-18_140650
With regard to my issue 2. I was able to keep the phone from ringing in my ear by disconnecting Bluetooth for just the R-KS hearing aid in Bluetooth settings. You just have to do it everyday when they turn on and connect to your phone.

Update 2:
I have had a couple of notification sounds turned on and it has no effect on the app. Still locked in on my Custom program after a couple of hours.

4 Likes

Thanks, good news so far. Can the fitter make your RightKS BT default to off on Start, or does it work only from the phone?
Rob

Pretty easy to turn off. Here is how on an iPhone;

Go to Bluetooth

Hit this blue Circle i

2021-08-18_175610
Hit Disconnect

2021-08-18_175928

Go back and it will show not connected

2021-08-18_175824

3 Likes

Thanks for the demo pics!

Was at Costco today picking up a couple things and when I went past the Hearing Aid Center my fitter was at the counter and had no current customer, so I told her about the app update and the 2 changes I was going to have her make Sunday AM on my 2 week follow-up appointment. She said “that’s all you need?” (I suppose some people have all kinds of issues and concerns) “I can do that right now if you have a few minutes she said”. So she changed the master aid from right to left at my request to see if that evens out the battery usage, and then made a change for the TV connector so my aids won’t hookup automatically. There was no extra “fitted” program in the app after making that change, and she thought I would just have to use the rocker switches when I was in range, but what happens is that when I’m in range a “TV Connector + Mic” program populates. I can then select that program on the app and make any adjustment there. We did have to uninstall and reinstall the app and re-pair everything because of the change to swap Right to Left as the Master “Primary” aid. By the way, with the latest app update it’s no longer a “balance” adjustment between the aid’s mics and a streaming source, it’s been re-named “cross-fader”. Makes more sense as I passed that one by originally thinking it was a L&R “balance” adjustment. There was also an option to have a notification beep whenever my aids were in range of the TV connector, but I passed on that after thinking about it. I think I’m all set for now unless something odd surfaces.

1 Like

Is there a master aid for KS-9s as well? I never saw a setting for that.

Yes, the KS9s have a “master aid” that receives streaming. Default is the right. The setting is in Target. When you pair the aids with a Bluetooth device, it’ll show a left and right and then if the right is the master, a third that is the right.

I drove 700 kms to my nearest Costco to buy a KS10. It was worth it. You have to be a member and get a card with your photo on it. I asked if I could buy a second HA remotely now that I am a member and they have done the tests but they said no, they wlll not post anything out. They will do adjustments remotely although we haven’t managed to do any yet.
However, on eBay, there is a company in Cyprus called Hearmore4less that has good prices for HAs (not as cheap as Costco for sure) and will do the adjustments remotely after an initial fitting based on your audiogram. I don’t know how successful this is but I did something similar with a british company for my first HA a few years ago and was happy until recently. Personally, I think it is worth trying to make a trip to Costco even if it means a flight and overnight stay. The saving for me is well over 3000€.

1 Like

thank you

Regarding adjustments, i could do it himself or pay for the services of the nearest audiologist. I had a plan to do it myself because I would like to adjust as desired.

To be honest, I don’t have time to go that far, and even a plane ticket is too expensive for me. I was also thinking about buying hearing aids here from some forum member here, that he would sell me his HA and he would buy himself new other aids?
There would probably be someone who wants to do it?

He would like to do that later, when Phonak Brio5 arrives.

or should I give money so that someone can buy 2x hearing aids? Would Costco agree to that?
I would also pay postage and for help with that. I would just like to check the correctness of the hearing aids before sending.

Hallelujah! The latest updates fixed this annoying issue. I was also able to switch to KS10s and use the Easy Line Remote App. My KS10 fitting with REM greatly improved aid performance as well. No more switching back to auto makes these aids a keeper!. Plus I was rebated a $100 when I returned the KS9 for the KS10. Gotta luv Costco!

2 Likes

The Bluetooth connecter is not available and won’t be for months according to Costco. My TV has Bluetooth as an option and I am wondering if I can bypass the connector and pair directly to the TV(TCL and KS10)

I’m guessing it’s Android TV and if it is try pairing your KS with your TV

Thanks Sam2k21. I don’t get my HAs for another three weeks so I can’t test them. Yes, it is an Android TV but I have heard that the result of the pairing has lots of problems.
I wonder if this is a fact…

I connect my KS10 aids directly to my Samsung TV through Bluetooth. Works very well.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I will have mine very shortly

I get mine tomorrow after some some unfortunate delays.

Yes, but don’t you get the “lip sync battle” especially when playing from different sources.

I know what you mean. I have had that problem when I was using earbuds. For some reason, I don’t have that problem using the K10’s with bluetooth. Lips are synced when the TV plays though its speakers, a sound bar or the HA’s. You can also have the sync problem with the TV streamer.

1 Like

Hi MBD, are you referring to the iphone Live Listen feature?

I’ve often wondered if I could somehow use my phone placed on the dinner table as a microphone, rather than pay big bucks for a Roger device. This would be amazing!